Walgreens Pharmacy Manager - Sign-On Bonus Available
- Manages the operation of a Walgreen Pharmacy, including opening/closing/changing shifts, task delegation and scheduling team members.
- Provides pharmacy consulting services to customers regarding the effective usage of medications, awareness with drug interactions and offering preventive healthcare services such as immunizations. Responsible for ensuring the proper compounding, dispensation, review and verification of prescribed medications within regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures. Manages and ensures the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and identifies ways to increase pharmacy financials, inventory management and enhance customer experience.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer complaints in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.). Monitors customer service, provides coaching, training, and develops plans for improvements in both the front-end and pharmacy. Empowers team members to find the most impactful resolution for customers; seeks solutions that exceed customer expectations and builds loyalty.
- Accountable for improving on overall customer service metrics. Holds direct reports and people leaders accountable for observing customer service trends and analyzing customer feedback.
- Upholds the compliance and state licensure requirements as mandated by state legislation and the Board of Pharmacy. Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with all regulations, company policies and standards.
- Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, therapeutic interchanges, over-the-counter products, and refers to a medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken properly and health needs addressed
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews, interprets, and accurately dispenses prescribed medications.
- Accountable for ensuring the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions are followed by all pharmacy personnel. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the elements of Good Faith are present.
- Accountable for safe medication storage, diversion monitoring and other key pharmacy inventory activities.
- Follows-up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and, allergies to suggest alternative medications and answer medical provider questions.
- Provides retail, clinical, wellness, and other preventive healthcare services (i.e., immunizations).
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems to provide support to customers as well as pharmacy staff.
- Partners with Central Pharmacy Operations for customer registration, 3rd party reviews, and assists with resolving customer issues.
- Supervises the control of the pharmacy money including register counts, withdraws from bank, armored car pickups, safe deposits, change orders and oversees all aspects of bookkeeping including ledger, invoices, cash reports and time records.
- Supervises merchandising by planning and implementing sets and resets and revisions, receiving, stocking, pricing, and returning of merchandise.
- Ensures pharmacy grounds are clean and presentable; manages repair and maintenance; responds to emergencies.
- Supervises Staff Pharmacists in execution of core pharmacist duties, including but not limited to patient care, provision of healthcare services (i.e. immunizations) collaboration with medical providers’ offices, and inventory management
- Makes hiring, promotion and performance management decisions. Addresses issues and disciplines store team members, engages with Employee Relations and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops employee performance improvement plans and follows up according to deadlines. Identifies and develops high potential team members and collaborates with store manager to proactively manage career progression. Coaches team members with supervisory responsibilities to be effective leaders.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm, and sharing vision. Communicates regularly with team members.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies, applicable employment laws, and is consistently fair in the treatment of all team members.
- Maintains and enhances current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare, and developments in retail management best practices to enhance performance and business acumen.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and training such as People Plus Learning modules as required by the Company. Follows performance improvement plans offered by District Manager.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one’s performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages District Manager as mentor and coach.
- Serves as liaison between district, corporate and the pharmacy to provide a communication channel, respond to requests, provide feedback and implement initiatives. Conducts community outreach.
- Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and performance of the pharmacy.
- Responsible for analyzing performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and inventory. Reviews KPI’s with Pharmacist, District Manager, and Healthcare Supervisor. Identifies pharmacy performance trends and opportunities for improvement; develops action plans to increase sales and control costs.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. Reaches out to the community to promote the pharmacy business and further enhance growth opportunities. Supports Healthcare and District Manager in expanding health and wellness awareness in the community.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- 1 year pharmacy experience in a retail setting including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Supervisory experience planning, organizing, and directing the work of pharmacy staff.
- Overall score of Exceeds Expectations for the most recent performance review period and an overall score of Meets or Exceeds Expectations for the earliest review period.
- At least 6 months pharmacy experience with Walgreen Co.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
To see the salary range for this position please click here: [Register to View]