(USA) Operations Manager, Environmental, Health, and Safety - Transportation
- You are an experienced leader
- You are a pro at delivering classroom style training and presenting to groups of diverse audiences
- You have expert knowledge of EHS practices, Fleet Safety, and DOT guidelines
- You can effectively communicate with and build rapport with Drivers
- You are able to build strong relationships across cross functional teams
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety Management, Chemical / Industrial / Mechanical Engineering or related field and 3+ years of experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
You'll make an impact by:
- Presenting to and influencing diverse audiences across divisions- use appropriate frameworks/tools to leverage fact-based data and analytics insights from multiple finance and business domains to build a cohesive narrative, form an argument, organize thoughts, and present in a clear, concise, and meaningful way.
- EHS Training & Delivery- Understanding training methodologies; the training content development processes; organizational training lifecycles. Delivering training modules from existing lesson plans. Evaluating the proficiency and creativity exhibited in handling multiple skill levels in the same platform. Evaluates the effectiveness of modules and lesson plans. Analyzes feedback and suggestions from course developers on potential improvements.
- Transportation Operations - Understanding laws, regulations, and safety rules regarding materials from the Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance and state laws and regulations; vehicle maintenance; HazMat bill of ladings, Compliance, Safety, Accountability basics; other transportation paperwork. Ensures team members are trained in the use of databases, electronic tools, and approaches to evaluate the extent of losses in transportation processes. Ensures driver qualification files are monitored for accuracy, updated in timely manner, and comply with DOT and company standards. Ensures compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, CVSA, and state laws and regulations. Ensures that all checks and measurements used in transportation management have been monitored, verified, and retained per Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and company policies (for example, DVIR, RODS, HazMat bill of ladings', Compliance, Safety, Accountability basics, DOT accident registers). Monitors and evaluates performance metrics (for example, PC/MM, OIR, DOT recordable collisions). Develops countermeasures and controls at the regional, divisional and fleet level. Ensure detailed accident investigations for fleet accidents.
- Collaborating with Stakeholders - Analyze stakeholder needs and partner with stakeholders to share relevant information.
- Creating an environment of operational excellence: Understand and implement operational processes, root cause analysis techniques, department workflows, safety standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and One Best Way (OBW) processes.
- Business Case Development - Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to the overall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new processes and ways of working.
- Environmental Policies and Procedures- understanding applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations involving the environment.
- Employee Health and Safety- Understand OSHA guidelines; compliance, safety, and food safety auditing processes; regulatory inspection processes; emergency evacuations plans. Evaluates facility environments against OSHA and industry-specific health and safety guidelines.
- Risk Management- Evaluates risk assessment models and analysis tools and processes against existing business activities. Assesses the benefits and risks of various risk management models. Establishes key, business-specific risk management benchmarks. Designs cross-functional risk management processes, tools, and audit mechanisms. Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols.
- Asset Protection and Security- Know and develop asset protection policies, practices, and guidelines; environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations and implement appropriate security measures. Work with the major types of premises security practices, tools, and technologies.
- Process Improvement- Workflow mapping processes; continuous improvement principles; control definition techniques. Streamline critical workflows for executing key processes. Develops methods for improving and establishing controls for critical processes.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
The annual salary range for this position is $65,000.00-$139,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety Management; Industrial Hygiene; Environmental Science, Traffic Safety; Transit Safety; Chemical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or related field AND 2 years' experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
Option 2: 4 years' experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
2 years' experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies (for example Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), World Class Manufacturing (WCM) , Lean Six Sigma) within Supply Chain or manufacturing environments.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
1 or More Degreed Certifications (Associate Safety Professional; Certified Safety Professional; Certified Industrial Hygienist; Graduate Safety Practitioner) or Non-degreed certifications (Safety Management Specialist; Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician; Safety Trained Supervisor; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified Director of Safety; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified safety Supervisor; Safety Management Specialist; Certified Safety Manager; Safety Director; Licensed Safety Professional; Certified Safety and Health Manager; Construction Health and Safety Technician), Microsoft Office Suite; SharePoint and OneDrive
10817 STATE HIGHWAY 99W, RED BLUFF, CA 96080-7747, United States of America