What you'll do...
Manages facility operations (front end, fresh areas, sales floor, accounting, receiving, membership and refunds, parking lot and grounds, professional services, tire and battery center, jewelry, and photo), including ensuring asset protection, inventory control, member service, safety, and compliance in each area as part of daily assigned duties and communicating with other managers and associates about facility operations, merchandising, and company direction.
Works as part of the management team to ensure all opening and closing procedures are followed, including communicating with opening and closing managers to ensure a smooth transition from day to night operations, discussing merchandising opportunities and directions, scheduling concerns, associate issues, any issues needing to be escalated, additional resources needed, and any special opening or closing instructions or information.
Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to associates on proper member service approaches and techniques to ensure member needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within company guidelines and standards.
Oversees and enforces the execution of food safety standards, cold chain compliance and food merchandise quality by evaluating the temperature, storage, sanitation, date coding, product rotation and recalls on stocked merchandise and training associates about Food safety standards and expectations.
Ensures membership growth by improving the member experience and building member relationships, by making business visits, requesting club of the community merchandise, and appropriately training and scheduling member service associates.
Ensures proper personnel procedures are followed for selection and recruiting, record retention, and training as required by Company policy and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Drives sales in assigned areas by ensuring effective merchandise presentation, including accurate and competitive pricing, proper signing, in stock and inventory levels, budgeting and forecasting sales, and assessing economic trends and community needs.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Oversees the implementation of and participates in community outreach programs and encourages associates to serve as good members of the community.
Creates budgets for sales, expenses, and wages and monitors club indexing, making sure budgeted numbers are achieved, and ensures department staffing levels are within company guidelines.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
The hourly wage range for this position is $25.00 to $33.66*
*The actual hourly rate will equal or exceed the required minimum wage applicable to the job location.
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View]
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View]
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Sales Volume Category (SVC) (based on facility sales volume)
- Complex Structure (based on external factors that create challenges)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate's Degree; OR 1 year's SAM'S Club experience; OR 1 year's retail experience with 6 months supervisory experience; OR 3 years' military experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
3001 CALVARY DR, RALEIGH, NC 27604-2801, United States of America