(USA) Certified Medical Assistant - WM Health
- Provide administrativesupport to the Walmart Health Center by utilizing electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management systems to complete administrative tasks (for example, patient registration and intake, scheduling follow up appointments with patients, payment transactions); processing patient referrals to specialists; processing insurance information; ensuring proper coding for patient visits; verifying patient insurance eligibility; collecting appropriate insurance copayment amounts; and monitoring inventory to order medical and office supplies and materials
- Ensure the proper delivery of patient care by collecting patient medicalhistory;preparing treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assist medical providers with patient examinations, emergencies, and medical procedures; collect lab specimens (for example, urine and blood) from patients for testing; measuring and recording vital signs and patient information (for example, pain assessment, pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height) in patient's electronic chart; operate diagnostic equipment (for example, glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen equipment) to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Administer medications (for example, orally, by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection) as ordered by medical providers; communicate patient information and concerns to medical staff; and communicate physician's instructions to patients.
- Represent the company in healthcare quality, compliance, and customer service by maintaining patient, employee, and computer data confidentiality; participating in quality assurance audits, quality improvement initiatives, and quality management programs; assisting in the development and promotion of clinical practice.
About Walmart Health
Walmart is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, we launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.
The customer is at the heart of all we do. We are focused on the needs of the patient and customer. We are partnering with several on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, optical and hearing services all in one facility.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Graduated from an accredited medical assistant program OR military medical services training program, OR hold current CMA, RMA, CCMA, or NCMA certification
1 year's experience with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding
Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Electronic medical record (EMR) systems, Intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook), Phlebotomy and lab specimen processing, Primary care clinic, community care clinic, family care practice, or retail healthcare clinic
28500 STATE ROAD 54, WESLEY CHAPEL, FL 33543-3210, United States of America