Senior Manager II, Business Strategy - Exterior Services
- Creates and revises key business components processes and procedures by analyzing data and evaluating key business components (for examples, processes, standards, workflows, key performance indicators, dashboards) in order to assess current performance baselines; identifying key business components' gaps, opportunities, and needed improvements; consulting with cross-functional teams (for example, Store Operations, Merchandising) to gain alignment on improvement solutions; editing existing processes and developing improvement solutions; delivering processes that are simple, executable, and sustainable for future use with manageable rollout plans; and communicating changes and solutions to key stakeholders.
- Manages multiple process improvement projects by defining scope of work and project objectives; establishing project activities, deliverables, milestones, and timelines; coordinating planning activities (for example, business requirements, risk assessment, target dates) and assembling management plans; tracking changes (for example, scope, schedule, costs) to plans and ensuring resolution of critical issues; managing the governance of project plans; identifying resources needed for project completion; monitoring key performance indicators (for example, budgets and costs) for projects; and delivering presentations, status reports, and other project documentation to stakeholders (for example, program leadership, internal business partners, steering committee) at regular intervals.
- Creates content and tools to support process improvement initiatives by evaluating and prioritizing content requests; designing, developing, automating, and maintaining tools, templates, and resources; collaborating with stakeholders to develop and implement content (for example, diagrams, pictures, videos, presentations); providing guidance to stakeholders on platform functionality, communication approaches, and content quality standards; ensuring content and digital communications methods align with content governance standards; auditing and tracking content variables (for example, expiration dates, accuracy, relevance); and adapting content and digital communication methods to resolve audit concerns.
- Manages the resolution of business issues by reviewing data ; determining needed solutions that fit local needs and can be leveraged across the region; following up with stakeholders to obtain information on unresolved issues; and collaborating with cross-functional teams regarding support for solutions.
- Drives change initiatives by identifying and defining desired change and processes; validating value and priority; driving project plans to implement processes; assessing readiness for change; managing expectations; adjusting approaches to have change adopted by the entire organization; and ensuring timely project management from pilot to the execution stage.
- Manages the development and implementation of process improvements to improve business results by overseeing evaluation and execution of multiple projects; directing in consultation with leadership regarding solutions; reviewing reports; leveraging customer and operational needs across the division to identify barriers and obstacles that impact performance across the division; and benchmarking competitors' programs.
- Provides recommendations to senior management by reviewing feedback; assessing risks ; collaborating with cross-functional partners to develop program enhancements; managing the reporting and communication of key performance metrics; ensuring alignment across functional units; and communicating strategic direction to key stakeholders.
- Directs the development, prioritization, and execution of key business strategies and communication by leading cross-functional initiatives that impact store and corporate processes; overseeing the development of business programs and initiatives, customer and company communications, and associate training content. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Social Science, Communications, or related field and 4 years' experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area OR 6 years' experience in retail merchandising, operations management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
2001 SE 10th St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America