(USA) Staff Software Engineer - Hands-On Full-Stack Design Architect (Node.js) (8261_R-562417)
- You are natural problem solver, excited and eagerly looking for next big business problems and challenges.
- Are eager to stay up to date in the latest software solutions with a background in Node.js and React
- Have broad experience within Cloud Deployment specifically Azure
- T-type knowledge base, broad technological exposure and experience and thorough and deep understanding of few technologies. Open source and/or Microsoft development stack is highly desirable.
- You are always looking for patterns, be able to connect dots. Business problems do not come in silo.
- Enjoy 2-way communication with stakeholders, be their trusted partner
- Look at multiple solutions, tactical, strategic and anything in between
- Broad technology outlook, open to experimentation, fail fast attitude
- Paint a big picture, not just solve a problem but how can a solution be utilized again
You'll make an impact by:
- Creating software design and architecture solutions from the ground-up implementing next generation software solutions. This will be your channel to communicate your ideas with rest of the team. Not just one but evaluate multiple solutions for best results
- Analyzing competing requirements and articulate tradeoffs while lead discussions with business and development team.
- Be an advocate of best practice, be it code, test, or DevOps. Experience in establishing such practices
- You will help create reference architecture that fits Walmart's tech ecosystem
- Data based approach for proving point and making decisions
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
5830 GRANITE PKWY, PLANO, TX 75024, United States of America