VP, Corporate Counsel, Private Funds (Hybrid/Remote) (R-103456)
Job Classification:Corporate - Legal and Compliance
The Prudential Insurance Company of America (“Prudential”) seeks a private fund and transactional attorney to represent Prudential’s Chief Investment Office in connection with its $519 billion portfolio, including over $13.5 billion of alternative asset investments. The successful candidate must be able to work independently on complex transactions and will primarily support Prudential’s Alternative Assets Group (“AAG”) in all phases of “buy side” private equity, real estate and hedge fund investment.
- Representation of Prudential in the review of private placement memoranda, conducting due diligence and negotiation of limited partnership agreements; side letters; subscription agreements; and applicable consents and amendments;
- Representation of Prudential in the review and negotiation of co-investments with private equity managers;
- Representation of Prudential in the review and negotiation of the transfer of limited partnership interests in connection with affiliated limited partnership interest transfers and secondary transactions;
- Representation of Prudential in the review and negotiation of debt and financing agreements with respect to Impact Investments; Collaborate with Prudential attorneys on tax, ERISA, insurance company investment restrictions and other related regulatory matters relevant to private equity and debt investment; collaborate with Prudential Compliance personnel on compliance matters relevant to private equity, real estate and debt investments;
- Provide legal advice to the AAG regarding current legal developments affecting private equity, real estate and hedge fund investment activity.
- Law degree required;
- Admission to the Bar of at least one state, and will need to obtain the New Jersey Corporate Counsel licenses if not admitted to the New Jersey bar;
- 5+ years of relevant investment, securities and funds law experience required
- Expertise in private funds’ regulation by the SEC and CFTC, and relevant transaction documentation is required.
- Exceptional analytical, writing and speaking skills, as well as solid organizational and planning skills, are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with various levels of personnel, including senior management.
- Recent experience in a major private equity, hedge fund or a large law firm is preferred; attorneys currently employed at financial institutions will be considered.
Open to remote / virtual location
*Note: Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident.
Salary range specific to Colorado: $198,300-$268,300+ discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.-
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.