Pharmacy Technician (706172BR)
- Runs automated machinery, sorts medications - filling, packing, counting prescriptions – affix labels, pack and ship
- Fills Prescriptions
- Provides assistance to Pharmacists
Programs that can save you money:
- Childcare discounts
- Employee Discount program
- PerkSpot: Discount purchase program offers savings on goods and services from thousands of national and local retailers and service providers.
- FSA & HSA
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Life and personal accident insurance
- Disability coverage
- Well-being resources
- Free Prescription Savings Club
- Weight Management discounts
- Free flu shots
- Paid time off benefits (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave (PPL) Program
- Walgreens Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
In accordance with state and federal regulations, performs data entry and patient registration. Responsible for resolution of third party rejects and responding to high volume customer inquiries, working under direct supervision. Follows standard operating procedures and performs duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information. Run automated machinery required to pre-sort and package medications in support of the fulfillment site. Duties may vary based on assigned department.
[Register to View] Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Search Engines skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 25 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include pushing, pulling, grasping and lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to carry up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to work a flexible shift.
- 18 years of age or older.
- At least one year of pharmacy technician experience in a retail, fullfillment or call center environment.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality and productivity standards for services.
- Required certification/registration as a Pharmacy Technician by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboarding skills (at least 35 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).