Store No.8 : Research Engineer - Seattle
- Think of the user first and delight them in new and exciting ways
- Have solid technical chops and use them to drive measurable impact to the customer and business
- Can work autonomously and know how to work in a high-performing autonomous team - Think out of the box and make things happen
- Thrive in loosely structured environments and help create right-fit structure as we grow
- Consistently deliver and let nothing get in your way
- Are flexible to the changing demands of a fast-paced startup environment
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and other engineering teams to craft transparency and consensus in what you build
What you'll do:
- Design, build, train and test machine Learning models, including but not limited to the areas of Natural Language Processing (NLP),Machine Translation (MT), Speech Recognition, Image Recognition, Computer Vision (CV) and Information Retrieval (IR) - Apply state-of-the-art techniques in literature (paper/code that has been publicly available and is reproducible, including but not limited to those in reputable conferences / journals, arxiv and paperswithcode) and implement creative solutions with the data at hand, build prototypes and quickly bring value to solve business challenges.
- Write code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to frame machine Learning problems within the business context
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
What you should have:
- 3-5 years of industry experience in addition to academics MS / PhD in Computer Science or a quantitative field
- Significant experience with machine learning - classification, regression and unsupervised modeling
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively turn research ML papers into working code
- Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
- Hands-on experience on popular ML open source projects such as Spacy, Huggingface Transformers, OpenCV
"Engineer at heart" with a high degree of comfort in designing software systems and producing high-quality code.
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
What We Offer
- A fast paced startup environment with unlimited potential for growth
- Unlimited PTO - We believe in work-life balance and want you to take the time you need.
- Generous Medical, Dental and Vision packages to choose from
- 401K and Stock Options
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see [Register to View] .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at [Register to View] .
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America