Monitoring Platforms Support Engineer (R-104890)
Job Classification:Technology - IT Infrastructure/Operations
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
The Ops Intelligence-Platform Support team is building the tools that support Monitoring, AIOps and Observability within the firm. These tools are critical to support Prudential’s embrace of DevOps and Agile methodologies.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the team as we build our next generation of observability and AIOps platforms. The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical skills, enthusiasm, and a willingness to contribute to a strong team.
- Deep understanding of Splunk, including architecture, administration, and query language
- Deep understanding of Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) and Enterprise Security (ES) platforms for a large-scale data ingestion
- Experience utilizing Splunk to monitor an organization's infrastructure health, KPIs, processes and services.
- Develop self-service APIs for the customers to leverage Splunk services
- Develop Predictive analytics for various business use cases using Splunk's MLTK (Machine Learning Tool Kit) and IT Service Intelligence (ITSI), as well as other AI platforms.
- Experience with integrating alerts with Service Now.
- Experience with Splunk Metrics.
- Familiarity with Open Telemetry and open-source initiatives related to observability.
- Architect data ingestion mechanisms, via syslog, AWS, cloud-watch, Kinesis and Azure Eventhub, Splunk’s HEC (HTTP Event Collector)
- Troubleshoot Splunk Forwarder data ingestion issues.
- Shell or Python scripting
- Experience with the automation and version control tools such as Ansible and Git
- Experience with system administration on Unix platforms
- Train and Mentor peer admins and other groups on their use of Monitoring and Observability tools.
- Solve complex Splunk Integration challenges and debug complex data ingestion issues
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Understanding variety of data sources that ingested into Splunk and develop the appropriate predictive monitoring capabilities
- Understanding variety of sources such as JSON, XML, CSV and ingesting them into Splunk
- Expertise with working with Agile methodologies, and the relevant tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or minimum of 5 years of IT experience and extensive Splunk experience
- Splunk Certified Power User, Splunk Certified Admin, Certified Splunk Architect is a plus
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage their time against deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience working with cross functional team
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and integrating with diverse application systems.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.