Store No. 8 - Desktop Support Specialist - Seattle (8261_R-864546)
- Performs a full range of computer administration functions with minimal direction and/or technical support following process, while helping develop expedient procedures and helping to continually improve IT.
- Install and configure system hardware, software, printers and verify network connectivity.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and technical liaison functions.
- Design and implement troubleshooting and correction plans, develop and coordinate user training programs and documenting all processes and procedures.
- Assist in coordination of testing changes, upgrades and new software products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments.
- Make recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the environment.
- Participate in performance and volume analysis and design.
- Participate in meetings and projects as assigned
- Provide technical support for desktops, laptops, printers, software and other associated hardware connected to a user's device.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field OR 2 years' experience in technology, system management and integration, process design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Using advanced functionality of Microsoft Office, Working in a support role or computer operations environment
2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America