Staff Software Engineer-DevOps (8261_R-860547)
- You have a keen eye for the details and never leave good enough alone.
- You possess superb written & oral communication skills
- You are organized, disciplined and can manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- You're a master at making complex subjects easily understood through visuals
- You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable
- You pride yourself on clean, elegant, innovative and efficient code.
- You're stimulated by unique challenges and anxious to engage at Fortune 1 scale only Walmart can provide.
You will make an impact by:
Building innovative technology:
- Designing and maintaining cutting-edge, scalable and reliable solutions to manage Edge Foundation's current & next-gen infrastructure and applications which directly impact Walmart customers.
- Write, document and maintain automated Infrastructure-as-code using state-of-the-art technologies
- Write, document and maintain automated configuration management systems.
- Develop and maintain software and tools to automate routine ops/orchestrations.
- Work closely with our internal customers to deploy EPI services and solutions
Building strategic relationships:
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders to create and support Edge Foundation's ecosystem infrastructure
- Optimize global operation processes and standardsacross EPI products
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams throughout Edge Foundation and Walmart at large.
Acting as a role model to the team (and beyond):
- Serve as a leader/mentor to a talented team of Software Engineers and cross-functional teams
- Lead by example in Operational Excellence, Documentation, POCs, Tech diagrams/presentations, etc
Operating with excellence:
- Serve as a key contributor and advocate for the best practices by providing guidance, training, and documentation to business
- Comply with company's policies and procedures that support it's mission, values, and standards of ethics, integrity, and security
- Set an example in managing to KPIs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others.
Our Tech Stack:
- Go (golang)
NOTE: Direct experience with the above tech is preferred but not required. Similar tech in function can be a substitute ( e.g. Ruby for Python, AWS for Azure, Puppet/Chef for Ansible, etc)
Minimum position requirements:
- 5+ years experience with large-scale DevOps and/or SWE preferred.
- Solid understanding of web fundamentals, REST, HTTP, APIs, etc.
- Solid comfort with Large-Scale Linux-based platforms and applications
- Ability to write competent code in at least one high-level language.
- Superb oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to act as a lead to peers
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, unlimited PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America