Cloud Governance and Demand Management Engineer (R-105610)
Job Classification:Technology - IT Infrastructure/Operations
Prudential’s Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you’ll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world’s leading financial services institutions.
Cloud Business Office (CBO) is a products and services team under PruCloud. CBO is responsible for building the cloud strategy and roadmap, evangelizing cloud adoption, and defining the operating model for cloud across the enterprise. Specifically, the team focuses on: cloud governance and demand management activities which involves working with the business teams on new projects that should be built on the cloud and managing the business relationships; rolling out training across the organization to upskill people; supporting governance activities like Cloud Advisory Council meetings, KPIs and metrics, and maintaining our cloud assets, e.g. SharePoint, business outcomes, etc.
- Coordinate audit and compliance activities in collaboration with the COO team
- Increase governance transparency through automated dashboards
- Ensure perpetual visibility and tracking of internal activities and roadmap
- Identify areas within PruCloud that are not cloud standards through automated reporting
- Actively work with the team to identify and execute on automation ideas and process improvements
- Disseminate and track new cloud capabilities and innovation ideas within the PruCloud team
- Coordinate the development and execution of Prudential’s cloud training activities
- Write use cases documenting key business outcomes
- Maintain several of our repositories including Confluence and SharePoint environments
- Collaborate with business units and engineers to stay abreast of new products and features and integrate into training materials
- Track and report, training-related metrics and KPIs and continuously drive improvement against KPIs
- Support ad-hoc requests
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Must be a result-driven team player with proven track record of success
- Ability to learn technical and complex concepts
- Curate content for learners of varying educational, technical, cultural, and experience levels
- Must be passionate about cloud technologies, evangelism, and presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service, presentation, and training skills
- Working knowledge of virtual classroom lab environments, online course development tools, and webinar tools for sessions (i.e. Teams, Skype, Zoom)
- Basic understanding of python (working knowledge)
- Respond to changes in a rapid pace using agile methodologies
- Available to work a flexible work schedule in support of our international user base
- SAFe Agile development experience preferred
- A passion for problem solving and customer service
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit [Register to View] to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [Register to View] .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.