Manager II, Technical Project Management (8261_R-895070)
- You will be the owner and driver of complex, multi-disciplinary and multi-product technology projects using your techno-functional expertise.
- You will be responsible to ensure planning through deep discovery, scope and feature set of programs, understand and articulate detailed requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- You understand systems interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions
- You're equally at home explaining your teams analyzes and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- You proactively and effectively communicate program statuses, identify potential risks and setbacks, and develop mitigation strategies
- You are constantly striving to develop best practices in a changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery. Ensuring program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review
- You actively drive and contribute to resource planning to ensure program success and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- We look for technical program managers who have a strong technical foundation and are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Ability to manage complex business problems in terms of people, processes, and technology to enable teams and deliver best-in-class products.
- Able to exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects, and products realistic and attainable within a given timeline.
- Strong communication skills that is succinct and tailored to stakeholders, team members and executives alike.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years' Cross-functional Program Management experience working among several groups such as: design, product management, engineering, and business stakeholders.
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies, and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
- Prior experience with agile methodologies
- Experience working with technical teams. Interest and ability to learn other technical areas as needed.
- Problem-solving and organizational experience across multiple teams.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management
experience OR 8 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America