Store Project Coach - Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, MO (8261_R-935776)
- Owns and has accountability for Realty execution projects by ensuring scope of work is completed; organizing project timelines and deliverables; facilitating meetings involving stakeholder teams to analyze, plan, and implement project initiatives; taking corrective action as necessary to drive project results; communicating project plans and deliverables to key stakeholders; directing associates and vendors on processes and procedures and the review of new modular plans; planning merchandise placement based on modular requirements; advising on the assignment of additional staff to assist in ensuring company and facility goals are met; and ensuring merchandise is in-stock and displayed in a timely, accurate, and safe manner, equipment and fixtures are correctly installed, and operational, merchandising, and personnel guidelines are implemented.
- Leads the implementation of project plans by identifying plan requirements; collaborating and communicating with other stakeholders about project obstacles, timelines, and alignment with corporate strategies; directing associates in the execution of project plans; ensuring all project requirements are met; collaborating with facility management to establish phasing plans that minimize the impact to operations; maintaining, communicating, and adjusting timelines and working with contractors to ensure project milestone are met; verifying fixture procurement and deliveries from the Regional Real Estate Warehouse (RREW) are synchronized with project schedules; collaborating with cross-functional teams (for example, engineers, architects, design managers) to provide feedback and identify and implement design changes; and monitoring and ensuring the resolution of outstanding construction issues and work to be corrected or completed (for example, observations, warranty issues).
- Monitors sales and project budgets; assessing the economic and customer experience impacts of project decisions; evaluating tradeoffs; creating a sustainable, efficient, and cost-effective schedule for the execution of project deliverables; coordinating with internal and external teams to ensure plan schedules and adjustments to schedules are communicated and impacts are clearly explained; and managing vendor relationships to ensure the timely, cost-effective sourcing, delivery, and installation of materials for projects.
- Demonstrates and applies up-to-date expertise to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Directs associates, including third-party supervisors, on process and procedures for project execution (for example, reviewing phasing plans, planning merchandise placement based on modular requirements, advising on resources needed to assist to ensure project and facility goals are met).
- Identifies and ensures associate, customer, and supplier concerns are resolved.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Travel domestically to and from multiple facilities or worksites requiring consecutive overnight stays.
- Travel areas are based on project workload and will change as the business needs. Associate will be based out of a home store within Missouri, but can expect to travel surrounding states or farther to support projects.
Why You'll Love This Role:
- Leading Others: Motivate your team to meet timelines and deliverables on projects. Encourage collaboration and teamwork among associates. Reinforce what teamwork looks like by resolving store leadership, supplier, and associate concerns.
- Project Ownership: Own the execution of projects in your assigned stores. Communicate plans, changes, and obstacles to key stakeholders. Understand plans and minimize impact on store operations.
- Develop Associates: Provide supervision and development opportunities for your team members. Spend time listening and acting on ideas, suggestions, questions, or concerns. Evaluate talent, train and mentor, provide recognition, and identify career paths for associates.
Your Resume Will Stand Out With:
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction remodels, project management, space management, and/or store design
- Experience with managing projects, initiatives, or leading cross-functional teams
- 10% Walmart discount after first 90 days
- Paid Time Off that accrues starting on Day 1
- Full benefits available after first 90 days
- 401k with company match (starting after 1 year anniversary)
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan Life Insurance
- FREE College through Live Better University
- Eligible for Annual bonus
- Starting at $50,000 annual salary
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 1 year's experience in project management, space management, store design, operations, data analysis, or related area OR 3 years' experience in project management, space management, store design, operations, data analysis, or related area.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
All associates in role January 1, 2021 or after will need to sign an updated JD including the above language (but will not be impacted).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional team
Project Management - Management Professional Certification (Project Management Institute) - Certification
10741 WEST FLORISSANT AVE, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63136-2403, United States of America