Principal Software Engineer/Senior Manager, Performance (8261_R-896043)
- influence key requirements and standards
- consult on design and models
- participate in new product launches
As a Principal SW Engineer / Senior Manager, Performance and Reliability, you will:
- Own the end-to-end performance and bring a shift-left attitude to support design, launch and operations of key strategic initiatives
- Bring together your past delivery and people leadership abilities to build bonds with enterprise architects, product managers, data scientists, engineers, and business managers
- Hire, mentor, and lead by influence a world-class group of engineers to support these efforts
- Use your deep engineering experience to operate visionary software architectures and monitor large-scale distributed systems that process high volumes of data focusing on complex performance challenges
- Develop innovative ideas and apply AI/ML to specific product challenges across the enterprise to build the next generation of performance monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- Effectively communicate and build collaboration at all areas and levels of the business and engineering to lead these efforts
Location: Sunnyvale CA
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You are a storyteller, visionary, and an innovator
- You are passionate, driven, and humble in your approach
- You like digging into data and taking an analytical view
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You thrive on both leveraging and leading the way
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 12 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 15 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
- Proven experience with Apache JMeter, LoadRunner, Performance Center, Stormrunner or Silk Performer is necessary.
- At least 7-9 years of leadership experience in attracting talent, growing, mentoring, and leading software engineering teams.
- Evangelize software architecture design/deployments on public/private cloud and drive best practices, including cost-to-serve, capacity planning, scalability, performance, availability, and resiliency.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position:
- PhD or Master's degree in Engineering or related field and 15 years' experience in software engineering.
- Possess a passion for your team's vision, mission, and an entrepreneurial drive to make things happen.
- Advanced knowledge of web protocols including but not limited to HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and DNS required.
- Full stack cloud software development experience
- Hands on experience with micro services architectures, Kubernetes, Istio, containers, and cloud computing (Azure or GCP preferred)
- Some experience with large scale distributed databases NoSQL, Big data technologies (Hadoop, object storage, public cloud storages), real time data ingestion, transformation with Spark, data fusion and data models are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are?
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America