Job Description 769 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. At Novartis, being there when and how it matters most for our patients and customers allows us to live our purpose and help bring maximum impact to health outcomes.
Furthering our commitment to transforming medicine for patients, Novartis is embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to reinvent how we use technology, data, and customer insights to better serve our consumer’s needs and put them on a path to better health. This includes taking bold approaches that begin with a customer-centric mindset and harness the power of today’s digital and data-driven healthcare revolution to continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
• Do you want to help people understand their disease and how to seek out the proper treatment for it?
• Do you want to support patients achieve the best possible outcomes?
• Do you want to deliver a leading customer experience at all touchpoints?
• Do you want to be at the forefront of leveraging today’s technology advances to create tomorrow’s healthcare innovations?
We believe the answers are found when curious, adventurous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to utilize the power of digital and data to individualize and maximize interactions with customers. Where you’re empowered to not fear failure when taking smart risks. And most importantly, where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
The Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (CSS) is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved cardiovascular (CV) products consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP’s) and hospital systems within an assigned territory. The CSS will pull through access and drive utilization for approved CV products with appropriate patients.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Builds and develops professional relationships with cardiology, nephrology, endocrinology, emergency medicine, clinic staff and pharmacy staff within assigned territory.
• Drives appropriate utilization of approved cardiovascular products and works closely with other Novartis commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP’s and hospitals.
• Apply expertise and knowledge of CRM, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally manage business opportunities and challenges.
• Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment, and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process as it relates to the customers that they are responsible for to improve opportunities.
• Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g., Sales Leadership, Hospital Account Specialist and USMM) regarding strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region.
• Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans and communicates insights to internal partners.
• Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential.
• Understands fully the assigned customers’ product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards.