Area Sales Manager South/Midwest (R25327_Little_Rock)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe North America Channel Sales team works with approved Motorola partners and empower partners to provide integrated voice and data solutions to ensure that the business critical needs of commercial customers are continuously met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for sales, strategic account planning, overall relationship management, new and existing accounts, develop a comprehensive sales plan, full portfolio of solutions products. Also helps partners manage directly with the customer
- Proactively develop large project opportunities encompassing a wide range of hardware and software products and services with particular focus on next generation technology and platforms
- Develop strong, trusted advisor relationships with key decision makers and influencers within the Operations and the IT department to understand and deliver impactful solutions; work independently under limited direction
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of the sales team which includes but not limited to: hiring, developing, and coaching a team of enterprise level sales professional. Interface with all team members in a way that drives business results and motivates the proper activity
- Effectively lead internal teams on critical projects and issue resolution with clear direction and purpose
- Maintain target Customer intelligence data in the Motorola CRM system
- Provide timely & accurate sales forecast for order and revenue numbers on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, Responsible for creating a healthy team pipeline
- Network with key Motorola Solution’s work partners including; presales engineers, area services team, marketing; product management, sales operations, order/credit management to insure your territory objectives are met.
- Leverage territory promotions and incentives to drive current quarter revenue targets.
- Conduct joint end user sales calls as a method of coaching and training
- Function as a coach/consultant for Account Managers to drive efficiencies and contributions
- Be aware of competition and technology disruptors that may impact your territory and partner community
- Ability to quickly learn new key characteristics of products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to employees and customers
- **Must be willing to travel throughout SE territory**
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Channel sales experience a plus
- Effective and proven negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a C-Level executives
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Highly effective communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Understanding of IT sales to Commercial accounts, Motorola portfolio, competitive landscape and customer procurement processes
- Managing and supervising people a plus
- History of selling to Hospital, Education, Manufacturing and Hospitality verticals
- Strong leadership skills and ability to identify and grow talent
- 5+ years of sales or sales support experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.