Job Description By 2023, Patient and Specialty Services (PSS) is projected to support over 1.4 Million patients and impact nearly $4B of Novartis’s US Pharma revenue. PSS provides mission critical support to Novartis brands by helping patients access medications needed to improve their health.
The creation of an internal Engagement Center is a strategic priority for US Pharma. We have an in-credible opportunity to formulate exciting new partnerships to deliver transformative patient services. The PSS team is uniquely positioned to help support our goal of providing appropriate medications to twice as many patients twice as fast.
The Engagement Center will support all franchises by providing omni-channel customer support and patient access. By leveraging workforce management, technology, and through staff retention and engagement, it will ensure strong alignment with PSS brand goals. The team is committed to helping customers by improving medication delivery.
• If you are customer-obsessed.
• If you are energized by leading teams of people through change.
• If you are motivated by measured outcomes.
You should consider joining the Novartis PSS Engagement Center
The work schedule is either 7:45 am EST – 4:45 pm EST or 8:00 am EST – 5:00 pm EST.
The Care Navigator will be responsible for providing support and resolution for customer requests. They will accurately and efficiently answer calls that are received from patients, their caregivers, and health care practitioners. Care Navigators will educate and advise regarding the brand, enrollments, and insurance information as appropriate.
The Care Navigator may share appropriate information with Patient Specialty Services field teams. This information may cover program-related queries from customers, support enrollments, provide pre-authorizations for medical treatment, and outline information regarding co-payments.
The representative must have strong communication skills to converse with customers about issues they are experiencing and be able to offer solutions in accordance with approved procedures.
A Care Navigator will possess a learning mindset, the ability to accept and implement constructive feedback, and a general aptitude for learning and continual development. In addition, A Care Navigator will possess the ability to manage stressful calls as they arise, while reflecting a calm and reassuring tone and attitude for our patients, their families, and their caregivers.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain knowledge of PSS programs and customer workstreams; broaden pro-gram knowledge over time.
• Learn and utilize protocols to respond to customer phone, chat, fax, intelligent chatbot, SMS / text, mail, and e-mail inquiries as well as other communication channels in a prompt and courteous manner
• Prepare proper documentation and notifications; perform proper escalation, tracking, and follow-up
• Work with support and product teams to transfer customers to other units as needed - ensure that referrals are addressed in a timely, consistent, and organized manner to avoid the delay of care for the patient
• Evolve skills to provide detailed resolution regarding program specialties over time
• As applicable, raise innovative ideas which will drive improved efficiency and effectiveness of customer service to Team Leads.
This position will be located at the East Hanover site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. Proximity and ability to commute to work onsite in East Hanover at least 1 week per month and for occasional meetings or events, to be scheduled at the discretion of the business.