Presales Engineer (Remote - Austin, Dallas or Houston) (R24867_Texas)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Sales Engineering Group is the technical center of the Sales Organization. Our engineers bring to life the innovative communications solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. As the solutions architect owner, the Sales Engineering Groups have the technology and design responsibility for all sales support engagements nationwide.
See our YouTube video on Sales Engineering at Motorola Solutions:
[Register to View] />Job Description
The Presales Engineer will manage presales opportunities and implementation of the identified complex projects. This comprises all stages of the projects, starting from scope definition until final close of the project, involved in the entire Network Integration process. The incumbent is responsible for the management of all aspects of technical solution, Customer requirements and expectations within the projects. Defines directions and requirements to ensure timely implementation and quality of the technical solutions. Provide engineering services for Customers, including commissioning and testing Motorola equipment in accordance with technical requirements, documentation and contract obligations, system presentation for the internal/external customers. Directly responsible for the preparation of system bids, taking into account the customer's needs and the equipment available, as well as any modifications required in conjunction with the product group. Works with operations as well as other internal and external developers of the networking products and systems to meet customer's delivery requirements and meeting deadlines.
The Presales Engineer is the architect and owner of solution design. This includes development, design, evaluation, and modification of system solutions and architecture to meet customer requirements. This includes(but not limited to:
• Radio Coverage design and analysis
• Equipment list generation
• Description of system design, including diagrams
• Understanding customer requirements
• Calculation of power and networking requirements
• Participation in proposal reviews and contract negotiations
• Consultative guidance to customers and sales team
• Presentations to customers
• Coordinate with the various functional teams (Systems Integration, Service, Sales, Product Groups) to ensure all business unit goals are addressed in our proposals and win-strategies.
• Development of the implementation approach and service plan necessary to win the project
• Meet/exceeding customer requirements and provide value alternatives when requirements cannot be met
• Manage to Motorola’s sales, revenue and margin goals
• Drive all sole source & RFP (Request for Proposal) projects to completion managing the schedules of each project team member (engineering, proposal specialist, sales, and service)
• Bachelors of Science or M.S degree is required. Preferred emphasis in Electrical, Wireless, Computer, Network Engineering or Computer Science
• 2+ years of experience in one of the following: Sales, Engineering, Solutions Architecture or IT
• Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures - both public and private (e.g. APCO P25, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable
• Strong general knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable
• Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets is an asset
• A positive attitude with a can-do mentality that enables you to be creative, resourceful and deliver results
• Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
• Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
• Travel: 25-50% (domestic only)
2+ years of experience in one of the following: Sales, Engineering, Solutions Architecture or IT
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.