Solutions Demonstration Consultant (R24750_Michigan)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe primary focus of the Solutions Demonstration Team is to support the Software Enterprise Sales Team through the demonstration of Computer-Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Mobile Data, Field-Based Reporting, and Jail Management software as part of the overall sales process. This includes Public Safety Applications, Next Generation 911, Video Solutions, Control Center solutions, Mobile Data, and Portable Devices to federal, state, regional, local, government and public safety agencies.
The Solutions Demonstration Consultant will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Conducting software product demonstrations for potential and existing customers
- Providing technical assistance to sales personnel in performing product demonstrations and in answering existing prospective customer questions
- Providing technical product advice and demonstration support during pre-sales discussions
- Assisting sales personnel in solving complex sales support problems surrounding product capabilities and functions
- Must present demonstration with energy and enthusiasm
- Evaluating personal effectiveness of product demonstrations
- Following defined product demonstration policies and procedures and makes recommendations for improving these policies and procedures
- Maintaining required level of technical expertise by performing product demonstrations and answering customer questions regarding functions and features
- Providing customers and sales representatives with technical advise on pre-sales product demonstrations
- Providing post-sale consulting support for the operating software products
- Must be willing to travel over 70%
- Seeking 4+ years of experience working in the Public Safety Industry
- Prior experience in law enforcement or other public safety disciplines, Instructional Technology, or Business Administration is preferred. Graduate of law enforcement training academy preferred
- Seeking 2+ years of technical product user experience or support experience
- Specific experience with Motorola PremierOnce CAD software products preferred
- Knowledge of Flex system preferred
- Prior experience as a law enforcement or public safety officer preferred
- Experience with and an in-depth working knowledge of public safety software including records management software preferred
- Must conduct demonstrations with enthusiasm and energy
- Ability to travel frequently
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- 4+ years of public safety experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.