Regional Sales Manager - New Jersey (R25977_)
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewPelco, a MSI company, is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of predictive video security solutions including cameras, recording and management systems, software, and services. Our personal engagement with customers, resellers and technology partners drives the development and deployment of surveillance and security solutions with meaningful innovation. It’s the foundation that Pelco has built its brand upon for over 25 years.
From the recently introduced VideoXpert video management platform to our industry-leading selection of IP cameras and accessories, Pelco is committed to designing and delivering a broad range of high-quality, IP video security solutions, products, and systems that make the world safer.
This role will be responsible for the territory of New Jersey:
The Regional Sales Manager acts as a primary contact for Pelco channel partners, including Platinum, Gold, and Silver level integrators and distributors in the assigned territory, proactively manages their relationships and deploys sales actions and strategies in order to grow business and meet territory revenue goals. Embraces and promotes Pelco values (Innovation & Excellence, Customer Focus, Integrity, Respect & Recognition, Collaboration, Ownership) in all actions to deliver on Pelco’s vision of making the world safer through our mission to deliver distinctive video solutions and world-class customer experiences. Candidates are encouraged to visit [Register to View] to learn about our Vision, Mission and Values that are the cornerstone of Pelco.
- Develop and execute territory business plans
- Build relationships with key personnel at channel partners who drive Pelco business
- Identify and understand customer challenges and recommend Pelco solutions
- Develop new opportunities with channel partners
- Support channel partners on joint end-user customer visits
- Provide Pelco product training
- Conduct product demonstrations
- Communicate key information on new products, announcements, and promotions
- Execute and support regional marketing events
- Develop and maintain healthy opportunity pipeline
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and monthly pipeline reviews with channel partners
- Provide accurate territory forecasting to sales leadership
- Assist channel partners with quotations and proposals
- Collaborate with Pelco colleagues including Business Development Managers, Vertical Managers, Inside Sales, and Technical Sales Engineering
- Meet/exceed assigned territory revenue targets
- Perform other related duties as assigned
End User Business Development
- Responsible for developing new business in designated market for end users
- Act as primary business development person in assigned territory to: identify key end users, identify development/sales opportunities and engage in prospecting/qualifying actions
- Define the growth strategy for his/her accounts and drives implementation
- Build relationships with key end users in assigned territory
- Support local requests from partners to visit potential end users
- Follow up on any potential leads or opportunities that come from marketing activities
- Conduct demos of products for any requested customers in assigned territory
- Execute local key end user events and within assigned territories
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business area
- 5+ years’ experience in security solutions sales
- 3+ years’ customer facing experience
- Physical security experience (hardware and/or software)
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Listening and presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills; ability to close business while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Driven, resourceful, self-starter, with strong initiative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Working knowledge of [Register to View] and maintain good CRM hygiene
- Established relationships and demonstrated success with integrators and distributors
- Experience in prospecting for new business
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- IT and motor skills to be able to effectively demonstrate equipment and solutions to customers
- Travel extensively throughout your assigned territory as required. We would expect this to exceed 50% of your time (this may include travel on short notice from time to time)
- Have a valid driver's license and a clean driver's abstract (you may be required to provide your driver's abstract from time to time) and be able to drive your own vehicle for travel within the assigned territory
- North American travel, including travel by air, will be required from time to time
- This is a remote role working out of a home office. Candidates should reside within the territory.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of sales experience in security solutions or 8+ years of sales in security solutions.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.