Hershey's Part-Time Territory Sales Associate (Akron, OH)
Location: Akron, OH
To be considered for this role, candidates must reside in or be willing to commute to: Akron, Barberton, Cuyahoga Falls, Kent, Tallmadge, Uniontown, Wadsworth or within 20 miles of these locations.
This is a remote position; candidates must be comfortable traveling to each of these zip codes and/or store locations: Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Wadsworth, Mogadore, Barberton, Uniontown, Kent, Munroe Falls, Tallmadge, Lakemore
This position will require you to drive your personal vehicle approx. 58 miles per day in your assigned territory. Mileage may vary depending on where you live in comparison to the territory.
To be considered for this role, we ask that all applicants upload their most up-to-date resume and attach it during their online application process.
A Part-Time role as a Territory Sales Associate (TSA) is a great way for a relationship-oriented person to flex their selling skills while representing some of the biggest and most exciting brands in America! Our TSAs will sell and insure best in class merchandising to include building displays, packing out product, and replenishing permanent secondary displays and maintain salability of all authorized Hershey Items.
This position is considered “Continuous Part-Time” working 20 hours per week on a regular schedule of Monday – Thursday, 9am – 2:00pm. On average, an TSA will visit between 6-10+ accounts per day. No car allowance is provided; however, mileage for travel will be reimbursed at 58 cents per mile.
A TSA earns an hourly wage plus an annual cash bonus, 401k and paid vacation.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell and maintain 100% distribution of all “authorized” Hershey Items in assigned territory. Ensuring flawless retail execution of Headquarter Sales and Merchandising Plans (Retail Execution Plan) with various retailers.
- Achieve all merchandising objectives through the effective use of Permanent Secondary Displays and other display vehicles established within the Retail Execution Plan.
- Reporting of weekly activity, expenses, competitive activity, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory.
- Reporting of Daily activities through the use of tablets, submitting upon completion of each day.
- Responsible for Sales Territory - Varies due to territory size, number of retailers, and location.
- Must have a valid US state issued driver’s license
- Must have a personal vehicle in sound operating condition
- ust maintain personal auto insurance indicating minimum coverage of $150,000 per person / $150,000 per accident / $100,000 property damage. The policy must permit business use.
- Must reside or be willing to commute within the territory boundaries as listed in the job description
- Must be able to drive long distances to make multiple sales calls on a daily basis
- Must be able to lift 10-40 lbs. on a regular basis with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop down and demonstrate manual dexterity on a frequent basis with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to use tablet technology
- Must have daily access to wireless internet
- Must have flexibility and adaptability to changes in territory coverage
- Availability to work 20-25 hours per week. Regular work hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience: 3-4 years food merchandising is preferred but not required
So, what do you say? Would you like to represent fun brands like Reese’s, Hershey’s Kisses, Twizzlers and Jolly Ranchers in your spare time?
If so…apply today! We’d love to hear from you!
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center [Register to View]