Job Description 10 major new medicines planned for launch over the next few years creating new career opportunities for those who want to make a direct impact on patients at scale. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Cardiovascular Account Specialist is responsible for sales execution within key prioritized IDN’s, institutions, accounts and with key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP’s) within assigned Systems of Care. This role is accountable for implementing the sales strategies and to drive their appropriate utilization across the patient pathway – from admission to the hospital, through discharge, and continuing through any transitions of care, including, but not limited to, transitions to a Heart Failure Clinic and/or Primary Care setting.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Builds and develops professional relationships with cardiology, nephrology, emergency medicine, HF clinic staff, pharmacy staff, including some hospitalists within assigned customers.
• Drives pull-through of existing institutional wins in ancillary/satellite sites which are not part of Hospital Account Specialist call plans and ensures a consistent and optimized transition of care for cardiovascular products and patients in ancillary/satellite institutions across the Systems of Care.
• Calls on key targets at ancillary institutions to drive cardiovascular products performance in appropriate patients.
• Drives appropriate utilization of approved cardiovascular products. Will work closely with other Novartis Commercial Associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP’s, transitions of care, systems of care and hospitals.
• Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges.
• Understands and improves sales efforts through patient flow in the hospital system and into the community, to better support the patient journey, to drive appropriate utilization both in-patient and in the office/ambulatory setting.
• Maintains and develops territory expertise to support strategic identification, maximization, and implementation of selling opportunities at health systems across the in-patient and outpatient care.
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]