Job Description Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Geography covers the following areas Baltimore, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Washington DC and potentially other areas. This position must live in close proximity to the assigned geographical region.
The Immunology Account Manager develops, coordinates and implements a strategic business plan for AOSD, CAPS, SJIA and PFS accounts, institutions, customers and systems of care, that will drive disease awareness, educate customers on the product and associated patient services, create and facilitate access to product, and drive local market sales. This individual will also be responsible for building long-term relationships with key decision-makers and influencers to obtain local customer insights and identify business opportunities for assigned brand and therapeutic area. Collaborate with marketing, USMM, and home office to develop and execute customer centric programs aligned with franchise strategic imperatives.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct regular business analyses of the local market— leads, opportunities to identify leads (local medical conferences), customers, payers, competition, key stakeholders, legislation, policies within the area of inflammatory diseases, rare diseases, orphan diseases
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the customers and accounts in the area
• Map flow of payments within the accounts — payer mix, purchasing patterns, account business model — to provide input into contracting and market access strategies
• Identify opportunities and lead cross-functional team to implement strategies and tactics to ensure and facilitate access to product at local level
• Identify and work closely with key accounts and customers to address reimbursement and distribution issues to ensure timely and uncomplicated access to product
• Build key business relationships and discuss company products (as assigned), company programs, and customer specific tactics/programs with key stakeholders and decision makers at assigned accounts (i.e. Medical and Pharmacy Director, CEO, Program Director, Head of PR, Head of Patient Services, Head of Reimbursement and Patient Assistance, Head of Procurement, clinical staff (physicians, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, etc.)
• Obtain formulary approvals and achieve the prioritization of our products in treatment proto-cols. Develop advocates amongst assigned customer base
• Identify leads and key customers that treat assigned diseases with whom important relation-ships should be built
This position can be based remotely anywhere in Baltimore, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Washington DC (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager.