Outside Sales Representative - Negotiable
As an Outside Sales Representative you will:
- Sell Lumber and Building Materials
- Create materials estimates
- Read blueprints
- Travel to job sites (overnight travel not required)
- Service current customers
- Create new Customer Relationships
- Build strong Vendor relationships
- Create Special Orders
- Load and unload lumber and building materials
- Some local travel required, no overnight travel.
- Ability to maintain and grow customer base through prospecting, development, quoting, and follow-up.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and email.
- Ability to read blue prints and prepare a material take-off list.
- Ability to lift building materials. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in building materials supply.
- Demonstrated selling experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and account management.
- Industry contacts preferred.