Outside Sales/Account Manager
Actalent connects passion with purpose and our vision is to impact millions of lives through engineering and sciences efforts.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Business Development Representative to join our team and help us support vital engineering and science initiatives at visionary companies. Building trusted, consultative relationships with our clients is a critical part of our business. If you’re enthusiastic about partnering with bright and sharp individuals, understanding clients’ business challenges, and collaborating across teams to develop and sell the best solution—keep reading, we might be a great match!
With global headquarters outside of Baltimore, MD, Actalent has an existing network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, including many of the Fortune 500. We give clients access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market, supporting engineering and science initiatives that advance how companies serve the world. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences talent services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.
- Prospect, cold call and establish a list of target accounts
- Set and conduct well-prepared face-to-face and virtual meetings with decision makers; get results by asking appropriate questions that qualify business and take advantage of opportunities to create value and meet client needs
- Win new accounts, expand existing accounts, and provide exceptional service to all active and prospective customers
- Maximize profitability by negotiating bill rates and terms
- Partner with recruiting teams and customer support to ensure that the clients’ talent needs and the consultants’ payroll expectations are met
- Ensure that client needs are met by thoroughly understanding their requirements and seeking feedback on our performance
- Communicate account knowledge to team members (recruiters, field support, sales, director) during office meetings
- Follow a disciplined sales operating rhythm within the CRM (Salesforce) to drive business development, increase future value proposition, and ensure effective execution
We commit to providing continued education and training throughout your career to keep your skillset sharp and competitive:
- You’ll take part in a comprehensive, structured training program to prepare you for your role, including role plays, job shadows and teach-backs to create camaraderie and ensure you become a subject matter expert within your industry.
- Throughout your career at Actalent, you will engage in both formal and informal mentorship programs to progress toward your personal and professional goals.
- At every step of the way, you will be surrounded by a positive and supportive culture that encourages everyone to help develop themselves and others.
- Actalent promotes almost exclusively from within. Employees have the opportunity to develop and advance into leadership, management or explore other opportunities across our business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in customer service, leadership, and/or sales
- Experience collaborating in a team-oriented environment
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Desire for relationship-based selling
- Desire to work in a performance-based environment
Benefits and Compensation
- Unlimitedcommission potential
- Base salary of $65,000
- Our top 10% of account managers earned an average of $95,000 in year one, $193,000 in year two, and $256,000 in year five (2021 data).
- Performance-based incentives
- Quarterly bonuses
- All-expenses-paid annual trips for top performers
- Company-funded investment plan with paid dividends
- Healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k)
- 20 days paid time off (accrued per year)
- Cell phone allowance after first year
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student loan debt management with CommonBond
The Actalent experience is one of high standards for professional and personal growth, integrity, and inclusivity. Everyone has ownership in the Actalent culture. We ask each member of our team to help us build our culture by:
- Bringing their best selves to work every day in terms of caring, competitive spirit and character
- Leading by example and working with purpose and pride
- Committing to fostering an inclusive and safe workplace where everyone can be their authentic selves
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences, and promote inclusive and accessible environments. To support our colleagues in being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer a range of employee resource groups.
- Actalent PRIDE
- Empowered Women at Actalent
- Military and First Responder
- Strong Voices (Bringing people of color together to successfully build relationships through mentorship and high performing partnerships)
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Strategic Partnerships
We form alliances with diversity related national organizations for the contributions they make to the communities we serve, their ability to help our organization make an impact on diversity recruitment in the marketplace and the development offerings they have for our internal employees and consultants. See below for a list of current strategic partners:
- BEYA – Black Engineer of the Year Awards
- SHPE – Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Women of Color Stem Conference
- Linkage’s Women in Leadership Institute
- SAE Foundation
- National Urban League
- SASE – Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers
Allegis Group Foundation
The Allegis Group Foundation is a central part of our commitment to giving back to the communities in which we work and live. Did you know that the Allegis Group Foundation can accelerate your efforts to create meaningful change in our communities? Incorporated in 2000, this philanthropic arm of our business awards direct grants to nonprofit organizations and provides additional financial support through our Employee/Office Match Program.