Customer Success Manager (REQ-011266_Hackensack)
The [Register to View] target="_blank">mission of The New York Times is to seek the truth and help people understand the world. That means independent journalism is at the heart of all we do as a company. It’s why we have a newsroom that’s 1,700 strong and sends journalists to report on the ground from nearly 160 countries. It’s why we focus deeply on how our readers will experience our journalism, from print to audio to a world-class digital and app destination. And it’s why our business strategy centers on making journalism so good that it’s worth paying for.
Note for US based roles: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.Job Description
This position will report to our Hackensack, NJ office. While we are currently operating on a full-time remote schedule, this position will go to a hybrid schedule once the Company returns to the office.
The New York Times' B2B business enables thousands of corporations, educational institutions and non-profit organizations to offer their employees, students, guests and patrons access to the New York Times. Our B2B business is growing rapidly and significantly contributes to the overall growth of the New York Times' subscription business. We are looking for a B2B Customer Success Manager to help us better serve our diverse and growing B2B client base and ensure our clients are getting the most from their New York Times subscription. You will work closely with accounts across our Corporate and/or Academic verticals to understand their needs and the respective account level and end-users' customer journeys, and recommend features and engagement activities that drive customer success outcomes. You will develop a deep understanding of our products and services inside and out and have a deep understanding of the various systems used to support the B2B business. Most importantly, you will also be responsible for success metrics and goals aimed at improving retention, revenue growth and customer satisfaction, including: increased renewal rates, reduced churn, expanded revenue per account through cross-sell/up-sells and net promoter scores (NPS). You will report to the Sr. Manager of B2B Customer Success.
Plan for and Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Develop and manage a Customer Success Plan with key accounts to capture and track customer success goals, customer success measurement criteria, obstacles and risks. Help key accounts plan and understand the best ways to use our products based on the customer's business needs or business plans.
- Partner with the B2B Sales team on select market or account assessment activities for new business and upsell prospects, and explanation or demonstration of product features
- Partner with the B2B Sales team to ensure successful transition and onboarding of new accounts
- Prepare, schedule, and conduct periodic business reviews with clients; track history of interactions with clients in Salesforce CRM
- Partner with Marketing to finalize and execute tech-touch engagement tactics, e.g. , online marketing, email campaigns.
- Work closely with Marketing partners to drive product awareness and tailored high-touch and medium-touch marketing and engagement across key accounts
- Facilitate issues resolution, working with internal Operations, Care, Product and Tech teams to resolve product, service or operational issues; act as customer facing liaison to provide client with progress updates
- Educate clients on support channels, self-service tools, and other resources to drive self-sufficiency
- Document, route and track feature requests, and provide client with progress updates
- Help with account and end user training design, coordination and in some cases conduct account admin training, e.g., via demos, presentations, collateral, and webinars
- Find, develop, and train Campus Marketing Representatives for select accounts
- Help train new hires.
Measure and Build Customer Success Effectiveness:
- Analyze key customer success metrics such as usage, sessions and overall engagement for key accounts to effectively manage retention and revenue optimization goals.
- Effectively present usage results to clients and work with clients on solutions to drive increased usage and ongoing readership, including introducing relevant Times content and Marketing support.
- Monitor and report on user adoption and system usage, recommend strategies to increase usage/adoption
Drive Efforts to Optimize the Customer Experience and Maximize Customer Retention:
- Gather feedback from customers and act as the voice of the customer and share feedback for product enhancements and process improvements that will drive increased engagement and retention.
- Identify and escalate internal operational process improvements that will streamline and increase the quality of new account transitions and hand-offs between Sales and Customer Success team members
- Proactively manage the renewal cycle for all assigned accounts, ensuring timely and accurate notification of pending renewal event, use of required contracts, use of pricing guidelines as well as coordination of resources (e.g., Finance, Operations, Leadership).
- Effectively negotiate contract renewals, while maximizing opportunities to upsell or retain revenue, e.g., via multi-year agreements, or changes in price or product offerings
- Identify opportunities to expand user base to drive additional revenue
- 5 years in customer success or account management, managing subscription accounts in the media space
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, especially in business modeling and analytics, with the ability to leverage insights to draw sound conclusions and recommendations
- Proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Organized and self-motivated, with exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about the New York Times brand, our content, and our mission
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels
- B2B sales, business development or account management experience
- Marketing, Product or Project management experience a BIG PLUS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Have a reliable vehicle, valid driver's license in the state where residing
- Flexibility to travel for customer facing engagement (20-30%)
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The New York Times Company will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.