DevOps Developer (R329632)
Job SummaryComcast's Technology, Product, Xperience team designs, devlops, delivers and supports innovative products and services that bring internet, TV and voice to millions of residential and and business customers. We are looking to add a DevOps Developer to our team to ensure we stay ahead of the competition.
If you have experience building scalable, secure, cloud-based applications, are passionate about impacting millions of users, look no further!
The DevOps Developer will be responsible for delivering the complete life cycle of complex projects, including approval, planning, execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time. Applies their programming knowledge to design and develop software. Duties include meeting with customers to determine software needs, coding, testing and securing software to ensure functionality. Ensures progress to plan, tracks critical project achievements and communicates progress to all project stakeholders. Works with cross-functional project team to establish and achieve goals.Developer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with fellow DevOps Engineers to build and maintain our production tools to ensure ongoing reliability while improving development team efficiency.
- Fixing and debugging infrastructure, network, and operating system issues related to our services portfolio
- Building and maintenance of operations software which automates the configuration, provisioning, deployment and monitoring of our core systems
- Assisting in the development of solution architecture (both tactical and strategic) to fully run/support enterprise needs, services, systems and technology management.
- Providing research and assistance to leadership in development and design of new projects.
- Performing unit, integration, and system testing on software before releasing to production.
- Developing cross-platform software that is designed to run on multiple platforms (ex. Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.)
- Using formal processes and tools to manage resources, risks, and changes.
- Delivering secure and encrypted code. Understanding how encryption algorithms work, how authentication works and how cryptography methods work is key.
- Leading project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports.
- Developing, maintaining, and leading detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all projects. Provides overall prioritization and director of work assignments, team resources, etc.
- Coordinating with other work streams, projects, and initiatives which may impact successful completion of project.
- Managing all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall project ownership.
- Acts as a single point of contact for project status. Maintains communication with team members.
- Facilitating project meetings.
- Addressing problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Available to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Programming languages: React, Angular, Go, Python, Ruby, or similar programming language.
- Data Structures and Algorithms: Experience understanding how data is organized and how it can be used to solve problems.
- Source Control: GitHub, Artifactory, SonarQube, or similar code management tools.
- Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, or similar databases.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and promote growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.