Sr. Analyst, Applied Analytics (R330844)
Job SummaryApplied Analytics is a strategic team that provides advanced analytics, disciplined experimentation and technical support to key stakeholders within the operating Divisions of Comcast Cable. The Applied Analytics organization is part of the HQ Enterprise Business Intelligence group but work as embedded units within Comcast’s Divisions based in Manchester, NH, Denver, CO and Atlanta, GA. As internal consultants, the team supports the strategic and operational decisions that drive the Division’s growth, optimize its operations and improve its customers’ experiences. Our team is looking for a Sr. Analyst of Analytics who can leverage Comcast’s abundant data assets to become a trusted partner for our division leaders and solve their most complex problems. The role will operate in a matrixed reporting structure, supporting the three Applied Analytics teams on priority analytical assignments.
- Lead and support rigorous and complex analytical projects end to end from business question through analytical process to final presentation.
- Support, identify, prioritize, and conduct analyses that drive meaningful change on key objectives established by division leadership.
- Leverage analytical background to determine when advanced quantitative research tools and models should be used to address stakeholder problems.
- Develop analytic plans and testable hypotheses for key business questions raised by partners to ensure that all important questions are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the analyst community across divisions and HQ to bring additional context to analytical questions and connect the dots to related insights.
- Synthesize actionable insights by joining together large data sets from across the company and applying appropriate analytical techniques.
- Communicate findings clearly and concisely through narrative-driven presentations and effective data visualizations to division leaders and decision makers.
- Translate complex technical solutions and analytical insights into relevant terms that drive understanding with different functional areas and leadership levels.
- Advocate, design, and implement disciplined experimentation within the division.
- Effectively manage competing priorities through planned and ad-hoc requests.
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity, knowledge sharing, and teamwork, while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Deeply understand the business challenges faced by Comcast leadership, and their context
- Incorporate business acumen into analytical work: make the right assumptions, control for the right variables, and interpret results from the perspective of the business stakeholder
- Generate insights from large data sets that are actionable and add value to the business
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates and business stakeholders
- As needed, learn and deploy advanced analytical techniques or data science approaches, including natural language processing, neural networks, random forests, clustering algorithms, graph theory
- Able to filter through the ambiguity of business problems to be able to produce a high-quality analysis
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills: ability to “tell the story”
- Highly proficient in SQL. Proficient in or willing to learn other analytical tools such as R, Python
- Ability to learn and apply data science, machine learning, or other advanced analytical techniques
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- “Lean forward” bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple analyses in parallel
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Skill in identifying data issues and anomalies during analysis
- Big Data Experience a plus – working with Hortonworks/Hadoop
Education and Experience
- Minimum: BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- Preferred: MA/MS degree in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytic role, including time spent pursuing advanced degree.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $82,502.33 - $123,753.50
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.