Sr. Director, Construction (R331622)
Job SummaryResponsible for directing and overseeing all Construction activities in support of new plant construction, rebuilds and existing plant upgrades. Develops budgets and allocates appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades and other construction efforts. Monitors the Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration, Utility Relations and Project Management. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives.
- Negotiates pricing, oversees the On-Target/Dig-Safe contracts to guarantee the most fluid network underground plant protection operating procedures and the best financial pricing for each region within the division.
- Collaborates with Corporate/Legal to ensure that all contractors/vendors meet all Comcast Corporate guidelines for Certificate of Insurances and Comcast Master Agreements.
- Directs the Division Design Center team to ensure accuracy of all plant design.
- Oversees all projects within the regions and ensures all projects meet or exceed minimum specification to Comcast Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA, State, County and/or City and all other applicable agencies.
- Develops and ensures the execution of overall strategies that support both residential and commercial initiatives.
- Directs and evaluates the work of multiple professional teams.
- Evaluates current practices and procedures and seeks opportunities for improvement. Ensures training is provided for various levels of professionals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.