Software Engineer, RDK Field Triage (R330116)
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- RDK Broadband Field Triage engineer responsible for triaging CPE field issues reported for RDK Broadband routers and drive the issues to closure
- Responsible for analyzing the machine metrics – log analysis, correlating the data from Data analysis tools and figure out the root cause of the failure
- Drive in-house QA reproduction of field issues with the help of field data. Write test cases and give guidance for QA team in setting test configuration for faster and successful reproduction of field issue
- Narrowing down the field defects to the exact RDK component/ area of code with the help of log analysis
- Analyze RDK source code (embedded C / C++ / Linux scripts) and pin point issues with respect to the field issue at hand
- Work with other RDK Dev teams, OEM / SOC vendors and drive the issue to resolution
- Develop Software tools to automate the triage process/Data Analysis.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Prior experience in programming using C, C++, Linux shell scripting, Python / Java
- Good experience in working with embedded Linux platforms
- Experience / sound knowledge in Computer Networking
- Desirable to have experience in log analysis/visualization tools such as Splunk / Kibana / Tableau
- Good communication and presentation skills, Ability to work with different cross functional teams and coordinate activities
- Experienced in working in an Agile environment, tools like JIRA
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.