Project Management (Sr. Analyst), EBI Domain Support & Enablement (R332121)
Job SummaryComcast is looking for a Sr. Analyst, EBI Portfolio Management to join the Enterprise Business Intelligence team. The EBI team is developing analytical solutions that incorporate big data analytics to help automate and enable data driven decision making. An ideal candidate will have an established background in overseeing the development of highly available, production level products; experience in working on product teams with matrixed dependencies across an organization; strong technical ability; great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Serves as scrum master for two or more development teams
- Ensures clear communication and organization of all development team objectives
- Identifies and removes impediments to development teams
- Protects teams from both internal and external distractions
- Supports and educate Product Owners on scrum best practices, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Works with stakeholders to ensure user stories are fully vetted and include all necessary requirements and acceptance criteria
- Grooms user stories with cross-functional development team on a regular basis
- Works with stakeholders and Product Owners to prioritize user stories and formally plan sprints
- Holds regular sprint reviews to demonstrate finished work to stakeholders and celebrate team achievements
- Supports a culture of continuous process improvement through sprint retrospectives and metrics analysis
- Works with Product Owner to report sprint status to team leadership
- Encourages adoption of a truly Agile mindset, including ownership, self-organization and empowerment
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 4+ years' experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions which may include using information technology. Significant experience in project management, requirements definition and/ or deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- 3+ years' experience in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Business Analysis or Project Management operating in an Agile Scrum environment
- 2+ years' experience as a Scrum Master or equivalent Scrum team role
- Scrum Master certification (CSP/CSM) preferred
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD,
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown techniques, numerous retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Proven leadership capabilities in effective negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution, and continuous improvement skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Understands the fundamentals of iterative development
- Understands the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understands the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understands backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Embodies the values of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment, and transparency
- Good presentation skills with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create visible value
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.