Sr. Program Manager (R333031)
Job SummaryResponsible for utilizing advanced program management skills and knowledge to follow the organization's strategic plan and lead the large-to-medium and/or moderately complex programs spanning multiple organizations. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements and benefits in support of the organization goals. Mentors junior members of the team.
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones.
- Identifies, confirms and obtains participation from required cross-functional teams. Works with the other team members and Strategic Business Initiative to do this effectively.
- Builds program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work for end-to-end deployment required to fulfill program scope. Identifies and manages program critical path, being mindful of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of key goals, objectives and success criteria for the program with key stakeholders and core team. Works with resource leadership to obtain and assign resources to the program plan within the Clarity record.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting process.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and managing critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency plans and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation corrective actions. Escalates early to SBI to determine when to engage senior management.
- Works with leadership and core team members to help identify and assist in making program tradeoffs to balance scope, time and costs. Ensures proper documentation.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and upstream and downstream dependencies. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Works with Strategic Business Initiative to assist in action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall committed timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Identifies and manages proposed changes to program parameters and works with Enterprise Program Management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Works with core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $95,657.22 - $143,485.83
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.