Sr. Manager, Engineering Operations - CE Shared Ops (R333756)
Job SummaryResponsible for ensuring the overall performance of operations and efficacy within the Customer Engagement (CE) domain by achieving operational compliance, adherence to budgets and reinforcing enterprise-wide strategic direction in daily operations. The CE domain is responsible for some of the most cutting-edge platforms including the award-winning Xfinity Assistant (XA), the aiQ Convoy business orchestration layer, the ground-breaking Customer Timeline platform, Messaging Journey Management, and more. CE leverages both private and public cloud infrastructure and services to achieve a multi-cloud/hybrid cloud strategy aimed at delivering a truly great customer experience. This Sr. Manager role shall report directly to the Executive Director leading the CE domain and oversees all infrastructure and site reliability engineer (SRE) responsibilities across the entirety of the domain. This manager will lead an elite team consisting of full-time employees as well as a significant number of managed service personnel. Ensures compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures. Promotes a customer-driven service culture. Acts as a champion through continued focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes impacting engineering. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals and objectives are met. Aligns operational plans with business objectives. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Looks to standardize infrastructure operations and alerting/monitoring/tooling processes across the domain.
- Familiarity with (or leading teams that have used) cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, etc. a significant plus.
- Oversees the creation of consistent dashboards for monitoring with clear KPIs identified and trends plotted.
- Ensures effective implementation of the department incident management budget. Prepares availability/reliability statements and monthly forecasts and reports them to management.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly vendor SLA performances and makes budget and new technology recommendations.
- Monitors capital and operating expenditures and makes recommendations as necessary, particularly as it pertains to infrastructure and private and public cloud spend.
- Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
- Ensures that all regional technical performance complies with industry and Company technical requirements.
- Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system, region and OSHA safety programs.
- Develops, trains, mentors and motivates staff members in accordance with best practices and procedures developed by management.
- Makes business-impacting decisions on the ground floor of department operations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.