Senior Auditor, Financial Operations (NBCU) (R334529)
Job SummarySenior Auditor, NBCU– Comcast Global Audit Team Responsible for performing quarterly audit engagements year-round to help identify and manage risks to the business. Primary Responsibilities: Participate as active members of the engagement team throughout each phase (i.e., planning, execution, and reporting). With our standard engagement cadence, the individual in this role will gain broad exposure to our businesses and processes. Work collaboratively and independently to conduct audits across operational, financial, regulatory, and/or technology areas across the Company. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
What You Deliver
- Executes aspects of the standard internal audit process, which includes the three phases of planning, execution and reporting out to business management.
- Performs thorough inquiry and data analysis to understand business operations, assess risk, and develops project scope for complex process areas, leveraging business knowledge and expertise.
- Contributes to overall planning efforts for engagement timeline and approach.
- Evaluates records, documents, methods, policies, costs, and other factors to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established policies/procedures, best practices, United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and governmental and legal requirements. Able to quickly grasp risk areas and identifies remediation tactics.
- Applies appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed to ensure that controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed.
- Prepares clear and well-organized audit work papers documenting root-cause, work performed, investigation summaries, and recommendations.
- Formulates appropriate conclusions and clearly documents findings based on testing results.
- Identifies audit findings and recommends corrective actions.
- Assists less experienced team members in understanding and executing internal audit methodology and standards.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to audit methodology, tools, and training.
- Supports department objectives and performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How You Deliver
- Conducts audit activities with both internal and external customers in mind when identifying control issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp complex subject matter and apply strong analytical skills and business knowledge to assessing processes, risks, and controls.
- Stays current on relevant business risks (e.g., current events, audit trends, cyber security, etc.).
- Applies sound judgment and self-directs portions of work on assignments of a varied and difficult nature.
- Utilizes creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Exhibits willingness to tackle new areas and challenging topics.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a complex, dynamic, diverse, and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ownership for assigned activities and is accountable for completing activities and/or requesting assistance as needed.
- Acts in accordance with stated internal audit and company policies and practices, and maintains the highest degree of integrity in all activities and interactions.
- Displays regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), as necessary.
How You Partner
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications, and an ability to collaborate with others.
- Shows respect to other team members and clients in all interactions.
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist other team members in areas outside of direct assignments, when necessary.
- Collaborates in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members in various locations. However, the employee must be available for extended hours, as needed, and be willing to travel with little notice on occasion.
How You Develop
• Exhibits a commitment to continuously self-improve by working with leadership to leverage strengths and focus on areas of development.
• Gains knowledge of basic data analytics and cyber security concepts, and applies to engagements.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.