Senior Gaming Product Manager, Emerging Products
Job SummaryComcast’s Technology, Product & Experience (TPX) team delivers products our customers can’t live without: the fastest, most reliable, connectivity and the easiest to use, most comprehensive entertainment. Whether it’s our advanced gateway offering the latest Wifi and connected home experience, a ridiculously convenient -- and accurate -- voice remote to navigate all of the entertainment options, or a fully integrated mobile phone service, TPX is blazing new trails and we’re just getting started. Our product, design, and engineering teams develop apps, web, games, entertainment platforms, cloud services, big data and AI/ML, consumer and enterprise hardware, backoffice and middleware—everything at global scale. We’re passionate builders, not shy of doing the hard work, to delight our customers. We value creativity, initiative, and inclusivity and try to have as much fun building our products as customers have enjoying them. The Xfinity Emerging Product Experiences team is focused on unlocking long term revenue growth through new products that increase engagement with both prospects and customers. This new role will be responsible for conceptualizing, orchestrating, and delivering innovative products and strategies that differentiate the Xfinity experience in new and novel ways. We're looking for people with a passion for design thinking, a gift for identifying new areas of opportunity, and the storytelling skill to communicate big ideas in a clear, simple way.
The successful candidate will have in-depth experience in developing and delivering new products, with a successful track record of end to end product development from concept creation to launch, and in close partnership with product designers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Strong consumer mindset with ability to drive cross-functional teams to deliver experiences that convey clear consumer value propositions.
- Ability to synthesize insights across existing and emerging consumer behaviors, market research, competitive landscapes, technology trends, and internal business performance.
- Ability to identify and create a problem statement, identify potential solutions, socialize concepts to sharpen your thinking, present a compelling vision and earn buy-in for new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to break product work down into phases, drive product development, ship experiences, study them & iterate.
- Ability to lead with influence, driving results while navigating direct and indirect dependencies both internally and externally.
- Ability to successfully innovate and deliver transformational change while fostering relationships with key decision makers, balancing multiple points of view with new opportunities and roadmap development.
- Strong storytelling and communication skills with the ability to articulate a clear vision that ignites enthusiasm using principled decision making, user empathy and data analysis.
- Ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Solid understanding of product development life cycle, product management, and experience design principles. Hands-on experience creating and managing user stories and acceptance criteria in a product backlog.
- Experience with rapid product iteration in an agile environment alongside designers and technologists, to deliver usable prototypes for validation of concepts, technology, and customer experiences
- Strategist: A strategic thinker and innovator who thrives on ambiguity, able to develop compelling concepts and business cases to drive growth and take them through to delivery.
- Disruptor: Challenges the conventions of today to develop innovative, transformational customer experiences.
- Visionary: Ability to clearly articulate a vision and strategy, and to communicate it clearly and gain buy in from multiple levels in the organization.
- Champion: Highly motivated and results oriented change agent with strong technology, business, product, and design acumen .
- Manager: Ability to manage complex projects while meeting deadlines and managing virtual teams to achieve optimal results.
- Leader: “Lead by example” mentality that promotes collaboration, openness and accountability with her/his team, peers, other departments and external partners.
- Facilitator: Participative, thoughtful facilitator that can keep others engaged and on track in meeting environments.
- Collaborator: Excels in a culture of teamwork, seeks ideas from all viewpoints without bias, and fosters safe space to ideate, pitch, refine, and debate points of view with positivity and respect.
- Navigator: Strong interpersonal skills – an outstanding ability to build relationships, influence and navigate within a complex organization.
- Diplomat: Presence and self-confidence to engage with key stakeholders and manage feedback and forward progress.
- Communicator: Dynamic communication skills with the ability to connect with large and small audiences through powerful, relevant presentations, in person (or virtual) meetings, and via written correspondence.
- Initiator: Understands the importance of finding win-wins and engaging others in the cycle of developing new initiatives.
- Student: Passionate about developing new skills and seeks opportunities to learn from experts in new areas.
- Giver: Embraces opportunities to share “super powers” with others and coach teammates in areas of expertise.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.