Sustainability Data Director (R334393)
Job SummaryThe Corporate Environmental Sustainability team is responsible for shaping Comcast’s overall environmental sustainability strategy and working with businesses and teams across the enterprise to develop, align, operationalize, and execute on that strategy. An important part of the environmental strategy includes the measurement and reporting of environmental data, including greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The Sustainability Data Director will provide leadership and management of Comcast’s environmental data reporting. Working closely with colleagues across corporate and business unit teams, they will manage methodologies and measurement approaches, data collection, consolidation, and reporting. She or he will bring or develop a depth of subject matter expertise around sustainability measurement frameworks and standards and drives an enterprise-wide program to deliver a consistent measurement approach to environmental sustainability data and metrics. The Sustainability Data Director will work extensively with groups at all levels of the enterprise, within the corporate functions and the business units of Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky, in addition to managing their own team and external consultants. The role requires strong cross-group coordination ability, sustainability data subject matter expertise, robust business acumen, excellent communication skills, and the ability to synthesize complex business problems and recommend solutions.
- Maintains the corporate standard for environmental sustainability data methodologies, with appropriate documentation and change control.
- Reviews and assesses new methodologies, claims and frameworks as they are needed or arise from within the business or through evolution of the field.
- Leads the ESG Measurement Working Group in decision-making on changes or new sustainability data methodologies.
- Communicates the sustainability data expectations and methodologies, and changes as they occur, to all business and divisions teams involved in sustainability data collection, calculation, consolidation, and reporting.
- Defines and communicates to business and division teams the corporate requirements for environmental data consolidation and reporting.
Measurement & Analysis:
- Supports business and division teams in data collection, analysis of estimation methodologies, and other data decision-making.
- Performs data quality checks on environmental data reporting from the business units and recommends controls and process improvements to business units.
- Coordinates data collection, quality check, and calculation for corporate entities.
- Consolidates data from across the company into enterprise-level data for analysis and reporting.
- Accountable to ensure data quality across analyses and deliverables.
- Uses data concepts, tools, and programming techniques including SQL & Python programming, Tableau, Data Bricks, Snowflake and/or comparable platforms to perform extract, transform, load (ETL) and data analysis activities.
Reporting and Disclosures:
- Works closely with corporate legal, accounting, controllership, and communications teams to define and deliver reporting on environmental sustainability data.
Tools & Infrastructure:
- Supports the evaluation and implementation of tools related to environmental sustainability data with the corporate center and business units
- Determines when and how to use quantitative research tools and models and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address environmental data problems.
- Establishes policies, standards, practices and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard the information resources.
- Drives high-impact cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments.
- Manages projects with stakeholders across all levels and divisions of the enterprise as well as external consultants and contractors.
- Develops fact-based solution strategies for relevant business challenges and opportunities.
- Develops and communicates goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines and key performance metrics to reach goals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise data analysis and business analysis
- 8+ years of program management experience, including governance and change management expertise
- Sustainability accounting experience, including GHG and TCFD standards preferred
- Proficient in SQL & Python programming, Tableau, Data Bricks, Snowflake and/or comparable platforms and tools
- Experience with assurance activities including internal and/or operational audit preferred
- Able to work from Philadelphia, PA office location 2-3 days per week; also willing to consider candidates working remotely or from other offices in the US east coast with ability to travel to Philadelphia initially and periodically
- Strong in data analysis and business analysis and capable of developing those skills in others
- Fast learner that will enjoy working in the fast-moving, developing space of environmental sustainability
- Experience leading projects in a complex organizational environment
- Self-directed, motivated, creative, adaptable, strong attention to detail, and passion for critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent organizational, relationship-building, and communication skills
- Respects and promotes diversity and inclusion
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.