System Engineer II (R333584)
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Edits new and existing applications. Implements, testing and debugging defined software components. Documents all development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
The System Engineer will fill a technical role supporting the Comcast Residential Sales and Marketing Technology development teams, generally surrounding online customer experiences. The candidate will participate within a team to deliver leading technologies and implementation approaches across a large-scale ecosystem. As a key member of the Platform Engineering team, this role will support the systems that drive the organization, meeting the highest standards of availability, stability and performance. The candidate must have knowledge of the full life cycle software development environment, including the ability to identify and drive technology issues passionate about compute/network/security/data through to closure and collaborate effectively with all stakeholders. The right professional will have an opportunity to work as part of a team with a consistent track record of industry leading success in the online space while bringing mature digital marketing technologies to bear in a dynamic web-based environment.
- Support systems, network, monitoring, data for a fast paced organization.
- Systems administration of primarily Windows systems, some Linux, as well as network connectivity and troubleshooting.
- Systems/service monitoring, alerting and reporting.
- CI/CD administration of deployment tools.
- Build solutions based on existing architecture, technology strategy and implementation standards.
- Support Business Partners, Developers, Analysts, Quality Assurance, and Production Support teams.
- Analyzes and resolves integration needs.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Windows and Linux build, administration, troubleshooting, and support.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web-based technology and supporting systems and knowledge of network connectivity between multiple physical locations and networks.
- Preferred knowledge of large-scale technology development & delivery experience in web-based technology and supporting systems
- Cloud knowledge and hands-on administration specifically within AWS and Azure is a bonus
- Experience and understanding and code development lifecycle and deployments.
- Administration skills in Octopus Deploy and TeamCity CI/CD software tools is a plus
- Familiarity with current software design methodologies including agile (scrum) development process
- Experience with high traffic e-commerce and self-service websites
- Proven understanding of current and emerging web technologies.
- Experience in Cable / Telecom is helpful.
- Ability to communicate technical details to wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment
- Excellent skills in emotional intelligence, influencing, and persuasion with individual and group team members.
- Passion for continuous process and technology improvement.
- Strong speaking, writing, collaboration and follow-up skills
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail in an environment that requires regular evaluation and negotiation of priorities
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to communicate effectively with many different people, internally and externally
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
- This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.