Counsel, Legal Operations (R334626)
Job SummaryCounsel, Cable Legal Operations, will be responsible for providing accurate, timely and business-oriented legal advice to multiple Comcast business units. Position responsibilities involve negotiating a variety of commercial agreements and advising on a wide range of issues, including procurement, sales, compliance, real estate, and state and Federal regulations. Ability to think creatively to support internal clients and business goals is essential.
General Duties within Comcast Law Department:
- Provides legal counsel and support to multiple business units and product teams within Comcast. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new areas of the law to keep pace with a business that grows and changes rapidly.
- Provides leadership and/or expertise in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty. Ability to communicate and advise executives within legal and business departments.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- Oversees the completion of projects by planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing work; evaluating results, etc.
- Leads and provides guidance to legal staff including Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a top law firm or in-house.
- Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Experience in telecommunications, media, technology, software, real estate, or any innovative and/or heavily regulated business-to-business sales industry is preferred.
- Extensive transactional experience, including conducting negotiations and drafting commercial agreements.
- Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and business colleagues, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.