Analyst, Tax Business Intelligence
Job SummaryProvides tax and technology support to the Comcast/NBCU/Sky Tax teams including tax billing, compliance and other functions. Will utilize combination of tax, business and information systems background to maintain tax software. Will also collect data, perform analyses, develop and maintain databases and write reports. Should be highly comfortable with high volumes of data and detail oriented. Must work well with team members in a very fast paced and deadline-oriented environment. Should have excellent organization, written and verbal communications and time management skills.
- Supports Comcast/NBCU/Sky Tax teams by developing and maintaining databases with large volumes of data for tax compliance and tax billing.
- Writes reports and provides data analysis with trending and other metrics.
- Thoroughly document, test and create new procedures with business partners and team members.
- Works with internal departments to obtain necessary financial and billing data for tax compliance, tax billing and quality assurance.
- Contributes to a variety of projects related to development, testing, and implementation of new and modified business intelligence tax billing systems in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Learns about the business, financial, and billing systems and how they are linked.
- Works with team and customers to define business requirements, resolve technical issues, and provide training.
- Works cross-functionally to implement key projects. Interfaces with other departments to leverage data for their respective business needs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.