Comcast Business Sales Intern (R335789)
Job SummaryOur 10-week summer program will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop strong interpersonal and business skills, gain exposure to the day-to-day operations of a Fortune 40 media and technology company, and receive mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. In this role you will immerse yourself into the Comcast culture, working side by side with innovative and talented Comcasters. You will cultivate meaningful relationships and develop strong interpersonal and business skills that will set you apart from your peers. Additionally, your experience will include: - Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience. - Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology. - Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities. - Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network. - Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
- Assists with the creation and delivery of face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate knowledge of the latest Comcast products and services. Promotes the sale of bundled products to ensure the optimal solution for the customer. Sells with goals of exceeding departmental, financial and unit targets.
- Stays abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Comcast Business Services in the marketplace.
- Generates new leads with targeted businesses through various prospecting activities, including cold calling, canvassing, customer referrals and partner relationships. Focuses on goal achievement and is results driven.
- Assists with developing sales territory, including cultivation of local business partnerships and organizational affiliations.
- Retains customer base by delivering on the Comcast Credo. Ensures a superior customer experience. Maintains and builds customer relationships to drive customer retention; works with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels meet and exceed customer expectations through strong customer service orientation and excellent follow up skills.
- Prepares sales and activity reports as required.
- Participates in out-of-the-office meetings with customers on a regular basis and demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills and skill in presenting, persuading and negotiating.
- Promotes the sale of bundled products to ensure the optimal solution for the customer. Sells with goals of exceeding departmental, financial and unit targets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, Consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Relevant Work Experience
- 0-2 Years relevant work experience
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university with the graduating year of Winter 2022, Spring 2023 through Spring 2024
- Recommended GPA: 3.0 (candidates will be evaluated on overall skills, education, and experience)
- Preferred degree in Sales, Business, Communications or Marketing
- Authorized to work in the United States
Base Pay: $16.00
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $16.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.