Senior Data Engineer (R334559)
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Join a multi-disciplinary team of DevOps engineers, software engineers, data analysts, and data scientists working together to improve the Comcast user experience.
Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? As a data software engineer on the Data Science and Engineering team within the CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization at Comcast, you will be part of a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility. You will work closely with business stakeholders, data analysts, and data scientists within the organization developing software solutions helping to deliver insights into customer and network behavior that drive business decisions shaping the future of Comcast.
Who does the Senior Data Engineer work with?
You will collaborate with a diverse set of professionals ranging from software engineers whose software integrates with analytics services, network architects and engineers who are tasked with evolving the network, service delivery engineers who provide support for our products, data analysts and data scientists distilling key insights from massive amounts of raw data, operational stakeholders with all manner of information needs, and executives who rely on data for fact-based decision making.
What are some interesting problems you’ll be working on?
Develop large scale, cloud-based data pipelines for the collection and processing of device telemetry and network events, providing both a real time and historical view into the operation of our products and services. Work on high performance, real time data stores and a massive historical data sets using best-of-breed and industry leading technology. Expose services over REST APIs. Work closely with various engineering teams to solve key optimization, insight and access network data challenges.
Where can you make an impact?
The Data Science and Engineering team is acquiring, studying, simulating, and modeling to enable data as a key driver and core functional component toward better understanding, predicting, and dynamically optimizing the access network to improve overall user experience. Success in this role is best enabled by a broad mix of skills and interests ranging from traditional distributed systems software engineering prowess to the multidisciplinary field of data science.Responsibilities:
- Developing large scale data pipelines exposing data sources within Comcast to our team of data analysts and data scientists.
- Developing GraphQL APIs utilizing AWS lambda and API Gateway or server based using Gunicorn, etc.
- Developing Spark streaming and batch jobs to clean and transform data.
- Writing build automation to deploy and manage cloud resources.
- Programming Languages (Python, Scala, Golang, Node.js)
- Build Environment: GitHub Enterprise, Concourse CI, Jira, Serverless, SAM
- Cloud Computing (AWS Lambda, EC2, EKS)
- Spark (AWS EMR, Databricks)
- Stream Data Platforms: Kinesis, Kafka
- Databases: S3, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Caching Frameworks (ElasticCache/Redis)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other relevant science and engineering discipline.
- 7-10 years working as a software engineer.
- 5+ years working within an enterprise data lake/warehouse environment or big data architecture.
- Excellent programming skills with experience in at least one of Python, Scala, Java, Node.js.
- Great communication skills.
- Proficiency in testing frameworks and writing unit/integration tests
- Proficiency in Unix-based operating systems and bash scripts.
- Experience with working in Spark
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with monitoring and visualization tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Data Dog, and Cloudwatch.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, or HBase
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Disclaimer:
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.