Sr. Network Engineer (R336812)
Job SummarySenior Network Engineer works for and under the general direction of the Manager, Network Engineering. Primary responsibilities include the design of custom enterprise network solutions for our customers, troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems, and providing Tier IV Help Desk escalation support. Analyzes capacity issues and develops capacity planning models. Responsible for ensuring planned maintenance and testing activities are executed and for developing guidelines for network configuration and security standards.
- Serves as a technical lead, providing guidance and mentorship to junior network engineers. This position works under limited supervision.
- Leads the design and implementation of custom network solutions for existing and potential customers. Follows best-practice industry standards to provide a network design which is functional, scalable and secure.
- Supports the Solutions Architect group to design, document and implement customer pilots and provide support for customer testing as required while in the pilot phase of the sales process.
- Provides network engineering support to Sales organization as required.
- Provides Tier IV escalation support to Help Desk. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves customer network issues. When applicable, recommends changes to remediate any network deficiencies to enhance network performance.
- Researches, evaluates and provides recommendations for new hardware and software solutions, to stay current with new technology and market trends and future requirements.
- Position requires participation of a rotating “on call” schedule to provide support for our business and customers.
- Creates technical presentations as needed, presenting to various audiences (both internal and external) with all levels of technical knowledge.
- Develops, documents and maintains processes and procedures related to design, implementation, maintenance and operations of various complex customer networks.
- Follows and enforces documented processes and procedures to meet established compliance requirements.
- Analyzes customer bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies as required. Develops capacity planning models to meet customer’s future needs.
- Supports various professional services projects for existing or prospective customers to include, but not limited to Network Discovery & Design, Wireless LAN, and Security audits.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - Cisco Systems, Inc.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $118,311.39 - $177,467.09
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.