Comcast Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity Engineer - Comcast Business (R336945)
Job SummaryThis is a Hybrid position based out of the beautiful Comcast Center Campus in Philadelphia. As a Cybersecurity Engineer for Comcast Business, you will join a dedicated, professional team responsible for the security of Comcast Business' products & services. You will work in a supercharged, fast-moving environment, with some of the industry’s smartest applications and platform teams who are responsible for creating products that deliver the services to millions of Comcast Business customers. Collaborate with various cross-functional technology, product, experience, and security teams. Exercise engineering skills and methodologies. Apply long-term objectives and plans related to the Company's technical vision to daily activity. Apply innovative solutions for securing developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards. Integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Serve as a key liaison between Comcast Cybersecurity and Comcast Business product and application development teams.
- Craft creative security solutions in line with Comcast Cybersecurity Policies & Standards
- Apply the Comcast Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) principles as you evaluate the variety, velocity, volume & veracity of the cyber-threat landscape.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional technology, product, experience, and security teams helping to instill best practices
- Work with the vulnerability remediation team to manage the burndown of security vulnerabilities and remediate high-risk security issues.
- Partner with engineering teams to define security architectures and solutions while balancing security risk against product and application development priorities
- Team First Attitude
- 5-7 years related experience
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in cybersecurity, computer science, management information systems or equivalent training
- Knowledge of complex network operating environments, including remotely hosted or cloud-based service offerings
- Knowledge of cloud security in public cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Comfortable with interfacing with other internal or external organizations regarding incident response situations.
- Solid understanding of common security vulnerabilities and vulnerability management practices
- Ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way
- Ability to communicate complex security concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to engage development teams to develop remediation plans that align with development schedules.
Great To Have
- GIAC, CASP+, CCSP or the like certification(s) preferred
- Network Operations Center (NOC) and/or Security Operations Center (SOC) experience
- Familiarity with data security protection, secure and privacy by design concepts
- Exposure to cloud-native technologies
- Familiarity with development and programming including Agile development
- Understanding of hardware, embedded software, cloud, or application architectures to communicate technology requirements to related teams
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanning software (Qualys, DAST, Prisma Cloud, etc)
- A team of consummate cybersecurity professionals that constantly challenge each other to be the very best
- Collaborators & servant leaders bridging the gaps among Cybersecurity, DevOps, Product Development & Customer Experience.
- Cover all Cybersecurity domains from privacy, identity, asset management, threat modeling, and vulnerability management, to governance risk & compliance.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.