Job SummaryThe Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Comcast Network and CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization is a highly agile, fast-paced, dedicated group at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building, and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.
Overview of the role:
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas and provides practical insight to management.
- Provides guidance to Engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates and advances issues to appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering subject areas within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization and methods/procedures.
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of building operations
- 5 years of Building Automation Systems
- Licensed HVAC tech or Licensed Electrician
- 5 years of experience on critical cooling systems
- Knowledge of critical electrical distribution systems
About the Team:
This team is responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, solving operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Collaborate with vendors, engineering and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own field. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
About Our Perks & Benefits:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
=== THIS POSITION IS INELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES AND NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP FOR EMPLOYMENT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. ===
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $78,410.79 - $117,616.18
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.