Solution Architect 4 (R336333)
Job SummaryResponsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology standards. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the Company. Designs and develops updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems "end-to-end": including people, process and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Mentors, reviews codes and verifies that the object oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
As a successful Architect in Comcast Technology & Product, you will do much more than define solutions, applications, infrastructure, and tools. You will be a servant leader of a team of Salesforce software engineers and business collaborators enabling our Residential Sales teams. In this role you will be owning the solution architecture for a team that builds and expands software, infrastructure, networking, cloud technology, process automation and business insight capabilities. This role will have a significant degree of impact on business results by empowering all of Comcast’s residential Field Sales agents. The right candidate will be assertive and work to bring people together to help tackle sophisticated problems with an iterative, feedback driven approach.
- Ensures programs are envisioned, crafted, developed and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Works with the enterprise architecture team and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable and delivered on schedule.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and improvements.
- Supervises current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture.
- Presents solutions to senior architects.
- Plans and crafts new or upgraded systems. Interacts with departments to implement improvements in process.
- Develops solution architecture (both tactical and strategic) to fully handle/support enterprise needs, services, systems and technology management.
- Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation architecture.
- Develops, documents and ensures compliance with standard methodologies including but not limited to the following coding standards, object oriented designs, platform and framework specific design concerns and human interface guidelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Over 10+ years of experience in the IT industry with 3+ years of experience on Salesforce cloud.
- Excellent organizational, technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think strategically and critically.
- Work with all levels within the organization, including field service team members management, cross-departmental teams, and senior leadership.
- Experience working on an enterprise scale web application preferred
- Experience in administration of production environments in distributed enterprise-wide solutions
- Experience with design and development of API based and event-based systems.
- Experience in Availability, Capacity, Disaster Recovery planning
- Experience in data security and data privacy best practices and implementation strategies
- Adept at developing strategic plans and working with large and distributed teams
- Familiarity with current software design methodologies including agile (scrum) development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields; extensive, directly related experience may be considered in-lieu of degree(s).
- Salesforce certifications are preferred.
- Experience in Cable / Telecom is a plus.
- Experience in public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with modern DevOps practices like continuous integration, infrastructure-as-code etc. are a plus.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.