Sr Accountant, Technical Accounting (R337666)
Job SummaryThis individual will be responsible for performing accounting research and making recommendations for complex and judgmental accounting issues. This person should serve as a key advisor to various accounting and finance contacts and will review significant procurement and programming agreements.
- Perform accounting research and form a viewpoint on how to account for complex and judgmental transactions.
- Administer the review of procurement contracts by ensuring the functional accounting teams review new contracts and document our accounting conclusions regarding issues that arise from those contracts.
- Review and summarize the terms of significant programming contracts.
- Provide guidance to finance and business teams as they plan for new business offerings.
- Support the initial accounting assessment of acquired businesses by reviewing the accounting policies of the acquired company and performing the purchase price allocation.
- Keep current on new accounting pronouncements and guidance to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Review and refresh internal accounting policies and guidance.
- Researches contracts and regulations to determine proper calculations of payments to regulatory authorities.
- Ensures that balance sheets are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger. Researches variances, determines root causes and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper backup to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results, researching variances to forecast and budget prior month and prior year.
- Prepares financial reports, analyzing data for management review.
- Researches complex accounting data in order to comply with new accounting policy implementation.
- Researches and develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and reoccurring journal entries.
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to support the Accounting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.