Sr Engineer, Software Dev & Engineering (R336472)
Job SummaryThe Converged Orchestration (aiQ-Convoy) team is responsible for the delivery and operation of a platform of micro-services enabling customer facing self-service and internal support representative tools handling over 150 million transactions daily across all supported channels. Convoy microservices are used to provide multi source data orchestration, data translation, and data transformation from backend systems focusing on providing a unified and consistent customer experience across web, mobile apps, telephone IVR, and customer support representatives platforms. As an integral part of the Customer Experience domain, Convoy is also involved in the delivery of prioritized programs.
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Develop new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.