Sr. Manager, FP&A (R337628)
Job SummaryResponsible for managing the financial planning process and managing the profitability of existing and new business operations. Provides an analysis of profitability variances and recommendations for corrective actions. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Develops and manages the analysis of actual results against planned objectives and presents data in a logical and clear format so that management can develop action plans. Manages the preparation of presentations to management on actual results, budgets, forecasts etc.
- Prepares and reviews budget materials. Analyzes emerging financial trends of the Company. Assists other areas in the preparation of statistical studies.
- Compares financial results to planned or forecasted results with variances explained and recommendations for future actions. Analyzes the ongoing profitability of all new businesses and/or programs entered into by the Company.
- Serves as a technical liaison to both the accounting staff and to other departments, management and staff by providing: financial planning experience, financial information and modeling, activity analysis and variance analysis.
- Supervises, coaches, develops and prioritizes the workflow for senior Financial Analysts.
- Performs and critiques economic evaluation justifications for capital expenditures.
- Interacts with other Finance team members, sales and call center management in the preparation and submission of daily, monthly and annual forecast and reports including: project costing, business unit Profit & Loss presentations, variances vs, forecast and headcount planning and forecasting.
- Supports senior management in business analysis and strategic initiatives.
- Leads process improvement initiatives and business metrics development.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Bachelor's Degree, Bachelor's Degree
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $104,819.81 - $157,229.72
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.